I'm halfway through a ten-day vacay down here, and based on the extraordinary price and the mixed reviews, I went with very modest expectations, which have been FAR exceeded. Sure, I've had better meals in very nice restaurants at home and on trips; however, I've never had a problem finding tasty stuff to eat here. Have I been at better overall facilities? Yes, but I've paid about three to five times more for that privilege. Everything here is great, and it's an incredible value. If I can get a similar deal next year, I'll definitely come back.
One of the great things is that there are a lot of open air buildings just off the 1/2 mile beach that connects all three resorts. Thus, there's always someplace for you to go if you want to get out of the sun, grab a drink, or take a break for a bit. However, it's worth noting that there is a large number of smokers, and since these structures (bars, restaurants, entertainment venues) are open-air, people tend to smoke everywhere. It's pretty dramatic. It's more than a little bothersome to me (I'm travelling solo this time), and that reason alone might discourage me from bringing my young kids next time.
Finally, for some context, I'll note that this is my first all-inclusive vacation. I've gone lots of places, but never to an all-inclusive.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.