Just returned from a fantastic week in the resort of Riu Bachata at Puerto Plata. Only problem with the holiday a week definitely wasnt long enough. The resort is fantastic, so clean and beautiful and the staff are always there to do anything for you and are very friendly. The food was very tasty and always had a huge selection to cater for al tastes. We ate in the a la carte steak restaurant twice and the italian restaurant twice as well. Day times we spent on the beach which is simply beautiful. There are so many sun loungers available and plenty of space to just chill out. Pedalos and kayaks can be hired for free and the bar is literally a few steps of the beach. We ate the food which was prepared outdoors for lunch 4 days and it was so tasty and delicious. There is also a huge range of drinks available and I tried to make my way through the cocktail menu thorughout the week.
The entertainment team are excellent and are always trying to encourage people to partake in the various sporting activites and there is such a wide range to do. the night shows put on were also quite good and I enjoyed the African themed night.
We did one excursion to Paradise island, which is roughly a 1 1/2 hour coach ride along the coast with a tour guide who was excellent so we got a feel for the local culture. Then you pull up at a marina and take a speed boat, which is very fast and quite bumpy, for roughly 15 minutes out to a stunning island. There you go snorkelling and see many tropical fish and coral reefs. there is food and drink provided for you on the island. Then the boat head back but through the mangroves, which are just like a jungle on the side of an ocean, Ive never seen anything like this in my life. The guide said you could swim in the water and it was so fresh and clean. After we got off the boat we had lunch then took the bus back. On the way we stopped at a cigar factory and learnt the process of making cigars and also got to try some and you could buy them cheaply if you wanted to.
I read the reviews of this hotel before I went and I genuinely cant see how people can criticise it. It was such good value for money and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute, would recommend it to anyone and would definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.