My expectations of Puerto Plata village was pretty high, and it got shot down quick! Reasons of why i would NEVER stay at Puerto Plata Village again:
1. Front desk service, not welcoming. No explanation of where and how the resort works. When we checked in, they handed us an envelope with a remote control, activity cards, our room key, and was told "return these items at the end or you pay for it"
2. the master suite was spacious, but disgusting. furniture was out dated. the bed was uncomfortable. there were ants in our bathroom and bed crawling around the REAL flowers they put for decoration. shower and tile floors were filthy. our phone wasn't working. lamp shades had writing and stickers on it. 2 lamps weren't working.
3. only one restaurant was open the entire time we were there. the food has horrible, all the same crap. everyday. the snack bar would open 45 mins later than what it said it would. the snack bar advertised pizza, but the cook always refused to make it for us. the only thing you can get at the snack bar was burgers.
4. some of the workers kept harrassing us to try and buy a time share with them. they made it uncomfortable to walk outside, because they would always be outside. FINALLY, one of them told us that it would only take a few minutes. AFTER we declined the time share offers, all of the workers' attitude did a complete 180. Not so friendly anymore, and became arrogant. BAD SERVICE. RUDE.
5. "all inclusive" was a joke. everything opened LATE and everything was closed at 5pm. tried to rent bikes for 3 days.... DID NOT GET TO RIDE A BIKE ONE TIME. the workers in charge of the "all inclusive activities hut" were RUDE AND ALL DISMISSIVE. not at all accomodating.
with all that said, the excursions and the little shopping we did is what MADE our trip... we had to spend an EXTRA $400 to better our vacation. we did meet a handful of GENUINE workers at the resort, but MAJORITY of them were was rude, sad to say.
The two excurions we did were the City Tour via taxi and the 27 Waterfalls.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.