“Terrible Transfer Service!” 1 of 5 stars

Milford, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Terrible Transfer Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

DONT use VIP Travel Services! They were so awful!! The worst part of our trip. They made us wait at the airport parkinglot forever before dropping us off, then they completely missed our hotel when dropping us off- just drove right passed it! Thank goodness we were paying attention! They used up two of our afternoons - one try to sell your their tours and to collect your ticket, and then they make you go back and meet with them again! They also did not drop off our pickup info when they said they would. Our representative was very rude as well! We seriously regret not just getting a taxi. This is not worth it at all!!!

Visited January 2013

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Transfer Problem”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I booked a roundtrip airport transfer with them through Orbitz on VIP Services. I was picked at Santo Domingo Airport and sent to my resort in Bayahibe. The following day, V.I.P.'s on-resort representative, Enrique, confirmed my return trip. I was supposed to be picked up around 8 a.m on the day of departure back to Santo Domingo Airport. The on-resort representative assured me that V.I.P. Travel Services never had problems for picking up people on time. However, I was NOT picked up. I left my resort around 9:20 am to avoid missing my flight. I ended up taking a taxi to SDQ. It costs me USD100 and I was eventually made to airport on time.

I contacted Orbitz to investigate further into this matter. They did confirm I was not picked up and refunded partial cost to me. However, they were not able to reimburse my taxi cost, but did offer a $50 voucher. I tried to contact V.I.P. through its email, no replies whatsoever. (I emailed them through the same email address to confirm my pick-up before my trip. I did get a reply. Apparently someone was monitoring the email.)

Avoid at all cost!!!!

Visited November 2012
“VIP excursions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We did the dune buggy tour. To start off with they lied about age to drive the cart. Your excursion consists of driving a worn out go cart down the main road and dirt roads speckled with mud puddles. Terrible doesn't do it justice as a description.

Bowmanville, Canada
“Roughriders”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was a rainy day which made the roads rougher than normal. The tour was very informative regarding plant growth and living conditions of the people and children. The tour guide and the driver was excellent and also the camera man. The pressure to give was ever present but aside from the rough ride due to previous rains and lack of road maintenance which has no bearing on the tour or the driver it was an eye open tour which I enjoyed.

Visited November 2012
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Frustrating experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked the VIP travel services with a vacation package to Dreams La Romana, Bayahide. On the VIP voucher it said "Look for a VIP Travel Services airport representative holding a welcome sign." There was no representative with a sign when we left the baggage claim area, but we found the guy in a short while. A day before leaving the resort, we made a reservation for 2:15 pm the next day for the pick up so we can make it in time for our flight (the hotel was about an hour and a half away from the Santo Domingo airport). At 2:25 pm we called to check where the shuttle is, and we were told it will be there in 5 minutes. Another 35 minutes passed and there was no VIP shuttle. Luckily there was another company's shuttle that came to pick up some other guests, so we got a ride with them and made it to the flight on time. This was a very frustrating experience.

Visited July 2012