“Transfer Problem” 1 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Transfer Problem”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I booked a roundtrip airport transfer with them through Orbitz on VIP Services. I was picked at Santo Domingo Airport and sent to my resort in Bayahibe. The following day, V.I.P.'s on-resort representative, Enrique, confirmed my return trip. I was supposed to be picked up around 8 a.m on the day of departure back to Santo Domingo Airport. The on-resort representative assured me that V.I.P. Travel Services never had problems for picking up people on time. However, I was NOT picked up. I left my resort around 9:20 am to avoid missing my flight. I ended up taking a taxi to SDQ. It costs me USD100 and I was eventually made to airport on time.

I contacted Orbitz to investigate further into this matter. They did confirm I was not picked up and refunded partial cost to me. However, they were not able to reimburse my taxi cost, but did offer a $50 voucher. I tried to contact V.I.P. through its email, no replies whatsoever. (I emailed them through the same email address to confirm my pick-up before my trip. I did get a reply. Apparently someone was monitoring the email.)

Avoid at all cost!!!!

Visited November 2012

“VIP excursions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We did the dune buggy tour. To start off with they lied about age to drive the cart. Your excursion consists of driving a worn out go cart down the main road and dirt roads speckled with mud puddles. Terrible doesn't do it justice as a description.

Bowmanville, Canada
“Roughriders”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was a rainy day which made the roads rougher than normal. The tour was very informative regarding plant growth and living conditions of the people and children. The tour guide and the driver was excellent and also the camera man. The pressure to give was ever present but aside from the rough ride due to previous rains and lack of road maintenance which has no bearing on the tour or the driver it was an eye open tour which I enjoyed.

Visited November 2012
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Frustrating experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked the VIP travel services with a vacation package to Dreams La Romana, Bayahide. On the VIP voucher it said "Look for a VIP Travel Services airport representative holding a welcome sign." There was no representative with a sign when we left the baggage claim area, but we found the guy in a short while. A day before leaving the resort, we made a reservation for 2:15 pm the next day for the pick up so we can make it in time for our flight (the hotel was about an hour and a half away from the Santo Domingo airport). At 2:25 pm we called to check where the shuttle is, and we were told it will be there in 5 minutes. Another 35 minutes passed and there was no VIP shuttle. Luckily there was another company's shuttle that came to pick up some other guests, so we got a ride with them and made it to the flight on time. This was a very frustrating experience.

Visited July 2012
Rio Vista, CA
9 attraction reviews
“Great Transfer from the Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Through Bookit.com we got VIP travel services from the airport to our hotel. They were professional and prompt both when we arrived and when we left. On our second morning we met with their representative, Jason, who gave us some great advice on our stay and also gave us information on excursions. We chose just to hang at the resort but we appreciated Jayson's non-pushy manner in trying to sell us stuff. We also appreciated his offer of help in case we needed medical care or had any questions. The next time we visit the Dominican Republic, we will definitely use VIP Travel Services and hope that Jayson is still there.

Visited March 2012