The Hotel and rooms were a good size, very clean, no mold smell but we had a problem with the A/C in the room and they never really fixed it....they came twice to the room to repair it but never really did, they just tried to block off the vents....I did not expect the Arctic weather in my room of 68 degrees, we had to leave the patio door open to heat the room up, our windows had so much condensation on them that they were dripping wet. we could not get 1 piece of clothing to dry that whole week and the mosquito bites almost ruined my vacation at a total of 22 bites on my legs…that's not counting the sand flee bites.
The location seemed good, however our beach left a lot to be desired....weeds masked the beach and the water every day we were there. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport, lots of excursions were available from the hotel but very pricy...we took an excursion from a vendor on the beach to Paradise Island....great choice...
Staff was friendly but didn't really speak anything but Spanish, our room was never cleaned on a consistent basis...sometimes it was in the morning and other times at night, 2 out of the 7 days it didn't get done at all....and if you wanted towels...well good luck!
There are 3 restaurants on the resort....only the Mexican was not very good, the other 2 I would have to rate way up there.
Not many activities, the night life was not at all what I would have expected....9 to 11 years old girls parading in bikinis on the stage with what seemed to be some sort of pageant....most importantly....they had a swarm of locals that seemed to take over the resort on the week-ends, one of the workers at the resort told us they are only there on week-ends...really compromises the service during their time there..there was also a couple from Quebec that got robbed during the week-end...everything was stolen from their room. I don't think I would go back to this resort.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel
- Grand Oasis Marien
- Coral Marien
- Marien Coral
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Be Live Grand Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.