“Great wedding and resort.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Grand Marien

Save Saved
You added Be Live Grand Marien to your Saves list
Be Live Grand Marien
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Costa Dorada Beach, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #10 of 43 hotels in Puerto Plata
Beamsville, Canada
“Great wedding and resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was apprehensive about going to this Dominican resort. Nothing is stopping me from attending Danielle and Justin's wedding. Short trip to the hotel with easy check in and our room was ready at noon.(bonus). Everything was very close at the resort. Pool, beach, rooms, restaurants, entertainment. Food in the Brazilian & Gourmet restaurants was excellent. Buffet was good. Lots of choices. Love the fresh fruit and juices everyday. Room was spacious and clean. Staff awesome. Bottled water was readily available in the room. Also water in the bars was bottled as well. No one got sick from the water or food. Maybe from the sun and drinking. Who knew my brother John was the sexiest. Also he participated in many of the shows and contest. Hector really encouraged him. You could not have gotten a better wedding here in Canada. Decorations/awesome. Room bright and clean. Head table and guest tables beautiful. Food was abundant and delicious. Drinks were non stop.(not watered down). Danced and had speeches with the DJ playing good music. We had a conga line and gangham style. Then off to the disco. Security was on their mark as we saw the rules being enforced. Outside visitors were ejected. We tried to have a quiet night from all the partying and the Mosquito helped us. We were laughing so hard, we were crying until our bellys ached. We also adopted a couple from Chicago. Erika and Chris I think Good time was had by all. East coast, Ontario. USA, Calgary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Be Live G, Gerente at Be Live Grand Marien, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Mr. /Mrs.:

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us, through this web site. Thank you for your selection, for coming to celebrate your friends wedding at the Be Live Grand Marien.

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your wedding party and the stay at the hotel, we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

Please rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel, especially to wedding coordinator.

Please receive our warm regards, has been a pleasure to serve you and friends.

1,180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Polish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My partner and I have just returned after spending fantastic 2 wks all inclusive from 07/04/13 - 21/04/13, we stayed in a Deluxe room, someone we knew in the travel business managed to upgrade us to. Great food, very clean resort, friendly staff, there's nothing that we can fault about this resort. We're planning to return again for sure. We're a young couple too in our early 30's and loved every minute of the holiday. Jenna and James from West Sussex UK.

Room Tip: Deluxe room fantastic. Block 8
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr./Mrs.:

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you may rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel.

Please receive our warm regards from Dominican Republic, has been a pleasure to serve you and of course, we would like to welcome you back, will be a pleasure.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

was my first time to Puerto Plata hotel Belive food is good hotel is nice clean
I had problem when I got to my room the card could n,t open went back 4 times to the reception after that they fix it there thing going on in the side the hotel they try to sell people VI P it is scam
I went out side the hotel for walk but not safe to be by your self I came back by motorcycle taxi wow wow thak you god I got back safe
things good clean services is good people work hard 15 days 12 h a day then 2 days off that too much

Room Tip: do not drive or go out by your self
Dear Mr./Mrs. :

In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion. We thank you for your kindness comments, wish are very important for us, since they helps us to improve on our services.

On the other hand, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experienced during your stay; your comments for the appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

Please receive our warm regards from Dominican Republic, has been a pleasure to serve you.

Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I were so looking forward to a nice honeymoon (April 15th-20th) at the Be Live Grand Marien in Puerto Plata, but as soon as we stepped foot into our room I knew our trip would be less than enjoyable. The room smelled moldy and damp, and damp it was. We got back from our trip two hours ago, opened our suitcases and our clothes were still damp...not to mention the stench of the room still noticeable on the clothes, and this is AFTER we washed everything in our suitcases since returning home two hours ago. The worst part of it all was our flea infested bed. The first few nights we thought it may have been mosquito bites (since every time you opened the door mosquitos came in and the maids leave the doors open while cleaning). After four nights in a row of spraying OFF! all over us before getting into bed and still waking up with bites, I began to really inspect the bed. I lifted up one of the pillows and found fleas. We are now dealing with the fact that we may have brought them home with us. Looking at the other reviews, it seems a damp, moldy and smelly room is the norm at this resort...which happens to be the perfect environment for fleas to survive. The room situation put a damper on everything we did because we knew we'd have to go back to our room...sooner or later. We will NEVER stay here again. Please take this review seriously.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay in their rooms ever again. I have photos of our dipping bathroom ceiling with h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Be Live G, Gerente at Be Live Grand Marien, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs.:
First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Be Live Grand Marien for your vacations, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience through this web site.
As a service company we do understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process.

With reference to the remark you made about the insects, we verified our reports at the Guest Service, housekeeping or Quality Control department and we did not locate any petition for fumigation for your room.
We can assure you that we have strict programs of fumigation, which are carried out continuously. However, it may still rarely occur that an insect like fleas are found in a room or into a pillow, we would also like to point out, we either haven´t had any other reports of this nature on the rest of our clients list staying for the same date. Nevertheless, we are sorry for any inconvenience we could face during your stay.

Cordially,
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I visited the Dominican 20 years ago and decided I never wanted to go back. I wasn't going to miss my nieces wedding over it . My nieces wedding was great. The resort was nice. The entertainment was GREAT! I was there April 8-14 2013. When you go to Cuba they say welcome to Cuba we're poor give us money and presents. One day I left a 4.00 tip on the bed and 3.00 in the fridge for a couple of extra beer. When I got back to the room,,,they gave back the 3.00 and still left a couple of beers. I have a wonderful fun family but I can't help thinking another trip would not be the same without Hector. He is the funniest most entertaining person, who fit in with our sense of humour so well. I can see myself returning to this resort.

Room Tip: You may want to choose oceanview or partial oceanview if you don't mind overlooking other people...
Dear Mr.:

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us through this web site.

Thank you for selecting our Be Live Grand Marien for your stay one more time at the Dominican Republic.

We appreciate your compliments to our staff, as it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Will be really a pleasure to welcome you back, receive our warm Regards.

ATT:
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We planned our destination wedding at Be Live and had 44 guests attend. We stayed April 8-15, 2013 and had the wedding April 11, 2013. The wedding was better than what I expected. To brought some of my own decorations (table runners and centerpieces) for the reception to save on some money and to make the wedding more my style. I handed the decorations over to Audry, the wedding planner when we arrived and she took care of everything! I emailed pictures of what I liked for flowers and cake and gave Audry our budget and we got more than we expected! The cake turned out nicer than what I asked for, and the flowers were perfect!
There was no hidden fees related to the wedding. Some resorts charge extra for coloured chair ties, microphone and podium, or other extras. These were all included in the package price. We brought our own photographer and did not have to pay any vendor fees. They were happy to accommodate everything I asked for.
The reception was a bbq buffet and the best meal we had all week. Bar service was great, they made sure everyone had drinks. The dj played our playlist for the first of the night, then took over and played a great seletion of English and Carribean music. The dj and Bar service were only 5 hours, but when the reception was done we had everyone to the disco to continue the party.
We were in building 9 (requested before we arrived), it is newer and very nice. Our minifridge was well stocked and we always had extra bottled water in our room. We used our safe in the room, and we were able to set the key code ourselves.We often forgot and left ipods, money and computer out in our room and it was completely safe.
In our group we had new travellers and guests that have been to other all-inclusives and everyone was impressed. The entertainment team made sure everyone had a good time. Hector got to know everyone and made sure we all had a good time.
I knew that locals stayed at the resort on the weekend, so suggested my guests go on excursions on Saturday, and many of us did. The resort was busier on Friday and Saturday but it wasn't overcrowded.
We really enjoyed our week and wedding hope to return to this resort again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. /Mrs.:

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us, through this web site. Thank you for your selection, for coming to celebrate your wedding at the Be Live Grand Marien.

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your wedding, we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

Please rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel, especially to Hector from animation department and Audry the wedding coordinator.
Please receive our warm regards, has been a pleasure to serve you and family.

Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were there for 7 days and it was so wonderful I hated to leave. I had been to punta cana 2yrs earlier for another wedding but found this one soooo much nicer. The resort was well maintained by gardeners, easy access to all areas disco, stores, bars and restaurants. It was great to have the later evening snack bar before settling in for the night. I found the staff to be so friendly and attentive. Of course there was some communication problems but managed to work it out. All your staff we great getting us to participate in pool activities and made it alot of fun. One staff in particular, Hector, was so full of energy he kept us all going and laughing. I liked knowing there were Security guards around especially at night. The food was fantastic and endless and the wedding reception was set up to perfection with lots of attentive staff.
The only complaint I would have is there could be more umbrellas around the pool and the pool should be cleaned of dirt and debris. Thanks for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: upper floors are quieter with ocean view
Dear Mr./Mrs.:

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you may rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel, specially to Hector.

Please receive our warm regards from Dominican Republic, has been a pleasure to serve you and family.

Your comments for the appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

The Management

Been to Be Live Grand Marien? Share your experiences!