“Amazing Holiday!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Collection Marien

You added Be Live Collection Marien to your Saves list
Be Live Collection Marien
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Luperon, Km. 4,5, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Puerto Plata
“Amazing Holiday!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked this holiday last minute to escape the rain of england.

From the minute we arrived at the hotel we were made to feel welcome with a cocktail whilst checking in.

The entertainment team were the reason our holiday was as good as it was. Victor, Luis and Siul were great!! they were always involving you in competitions and activities around the pool but they didnt push you into doing anything you didnt want to do. if you wanted to relax that was fine.

The rooms were lovely and well kept. the air conditioning was all good and the rooms were cleaned each day.

The location was ideal, right on the beach.

The shelters on the beach were a great way to get out of the mid day heat without loosing your spot.

The excersions offered are all fantastic and i highly recommend the trip to paradise island!!

Over all a fantastic holiday!!

Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a really late review, my husband and I were at Be Live in February, 2012. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and it rained five out of the seven days we were there, but the staff went above and beyond to make sure that everyone stayed entertained and comfortable in spite of the poor weather. The entertainement staff, Coochie Coochie and Denzel W. spring back to mind, asked our names at the beginning of the week and remembered it throughout. It made us feel so welcome.

The resort is nice and close to the airport. Check in took a bit, however; the welcome drinks made us not notice that as much. The resort itself is very clean and well kept.

The food and drinks were very good and plentiful. Domestic drinks, but if you'd like more premium alcohol you can purchase it in the gift shop convenience store thingy at the resort...something we didn't realize until our last day there when we were desperately craving a Corona haha.

The service was outstanding. During one of the rainy nights we decided to go with another couple we met at the resort to the other disco off the resort located at the casino about 500 metres away and one of the staff members was kind enough to give us a lift there in a golf cart so that us girls wouldn't ruin our hair and makeup in the rain. Then when we got back to the hotel the same kind gentleman gave us a lift back to our rooms at the other side of the resort. Just another example of the service.

The people at this resort work sooo hard. Long hours and they always were so cheerful and kind. We got a tour guide to take us through puerto plata and it was a real eye opener to some of the poverty in the country. We brought some dollar store gifts for the kids there and their excitement at recieving them was so touching it truly was the highlight of the trip for me.

Brugal rum factory is located right next door to the resort and was very interesting. I've heard the waterfall excursion and the monkey sanctuary were awesome excursions. We were about to go on the gondola, but a cable snapped on it just as it was on its way to us so we high tailed it away from that one in a hurry haha.

The only downfall for me was the constant badgering from the salespeople trying to sell time shares. We felt we almost had to hide from them they were so annoying. Or from people on the beach trying to sell stuff it was a bit much. The only other thing is when we were there on the weekends a lot of Dominicans would come to stay at the resort for the weekend. It was fun in some ways because we'd play games of water polo etc against each other....they'd play the latest in Spanish music and put our dancing skills to shame and they were all up for a good time; however, I think the resort over booked rooms because there were soooooo many people there at the weekend that getting food or seating near the pool or beach was difficult.

I would fully reccomend this resort to anyone. Excellent value and wonderful people.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at this resort for 3 days. It was SO much fun!! I was there from December 13-15. Let me break it down for everyone...

Food: Great options from the buffet each day. Fish was so fresh, as well as the pork. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, the freshly blended juices were amazing!! So good and fresh! We didn't make reservations for the other restaurants, but by the way the food smelled, we defintiely missed out. No need for room service, because in between breakfast, lunch and dinner was the snack bar. Overall, I had no complaints about the food.

Staff and Entertainers: Extremely welcoming. I felt very comfortable being at the resort. From the moment we walked in, nothing but smiles and the drink to welcome you. Yum. The front desk folks were very helpful! The entertainers were SO funny and open. Mosquito, Denzel Washington, the ladies, and my fave Coochie Coochie were so much fun. I was so happy to get up on stage and learn Bachata and play Rice, Rum, Whiskey...so fun..amazing, can't wait to go back. The entertainers also helped get the party started at the sports bar after the shows. They did a great job! Amazing. My friends at every bar were great. Nice strong drinks, they all got to know my name and my background etc, very nice.

Pool and beaches: I'm some what of an adventurer, I took long walks on the beach until some locals told me I was going to far (Thanks fishermen!!) Nice beaches, but being from Miami, I LOVE any type of beach. The pool was nice, welcoming and cool. It got super busy with locals during the weekend, but I loved the family vibe of it! Very nice!

Hotel grounds and room: The grounds were beautifully kept. My view from the room was very nice. Beautiful. Loved it. The first room we had wasn't too great....my friend got it switched. The second room we had was great. On the second floor, fresh smell etc. The first room smelled of mold...I personally thought it was the rustic smell, but that's just me, I'm an adventurer and outdoorsy...but...yea. The second room was nice.

Casino and club: Didn't go to the casino, I like to keep my money ha. But I did go to the club, Pure. Lots of fun, definitely a locals spot. Had lots of fun there.

I went on the Super Mega adventure---I knocked off SO many things on my bucket list...waterfall sightings, waterfall jumping, sliding down waterfalls, hiking, ziplining, and horseback riding. That staff was amazing..but that's separate. I'd recommend doing something like that too. Amazing. So much fun. Loved it. Yes. I. will. be. back.

I just got back a week ago and I'm already planning my next vacation! Great people! Thank you!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ok. I was here for four days and nights and I've got to say it wasn't that bad. The activities were really fun (to watch and participate), the food wasn't that great, the pool and beach were awesome, and the room (we were "upgraded" to a Premium room for free - it looked a whole lot like the Standard rooms I saw in the pics, but okay, let's say it was legit) was okay. The room was pretty standard, two Queen beds, a small terrace (no view), bathroom, coffee pot, and mini fridge. I really don't know what made it Premium. Maybe they just wanted to have something nice to say at check-in? Anyway, I must say that the hotel's design and it's grounds were beautiful. So it's all very pretty. The only real downside was the food. In general, the buffet restaurant was ok, but the snack bar was usually gross (and by that, I mean, it had the greasiest cheapest food ever (fries, "hamburgers"/sausage patty-ish meat, hot dogs/burned regurgitated meat-stuffs). The disco was also pretty decent. They played a mix of Latin American and US music, but mostly Latin American.

Service: Entertainment staff was great; Waitstaff was not good; Bar staff was pretty nice.

If you want to have a great time: play the games & meet other guests. You'll find resort friends you can hang out with for your whole stay.
Pretty bare bones review, but hope it helps.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I love this hotel, and will be there soon, it will be my third time. The staff is great. I went with my friends and they loved the hotel too, and they are coming back next year. Love that is close to the Casino, I go there every night. :), but have no luck. Merry Christmas....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went to this resort April 28th- May 4th...which was awhile ago with two girlfriends and we had an AWESOME time! It was the end of exams so there was a younger crowd for the duration of our time there. The staff is amazing very friendly and entertaining, made our trip a lot of fun.

The bar by the pool is the place to be before the evening entertainment, that is where we met a lot of our friends and then headed over to watch the shows. There is also a late night bar closer to the beach that is a lot of fun, in the later hours of the night.

Our room was great, the sheets has a bit of a funky smell but other than that no problems.

The food was average, a lot of variety but sort of plain, breakfast is the best and the a la carte to go for is the Japanese one for sure.

Quite a bit of seaweed on the beach but there is always a crew cleaning it up, its a shorter beach but its nice because there are a lot of chairs and little huts to sit under.

The pool was always clean, and drinks were always available. The snack bar (fries, pasta, salad, hot dogs, burgers etc.) all day is what we pretty much ate all the time.

Overall what made our experience was the time of year we went and the people we met. If you are looking for a younger crowd this may not be the resort for your vacay (depending on the time of year) but overall we had an awesome trip and great time, no complaints about the Be Live. If you are just wanting a relaxing vacation and a good time, with friendly staff and a clean place, this is it :).

Hope this helps.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The highlight of my stay at this hotel is most certainly the staff. Very friendly and accommodating. Things do move at a slower pace in the DR and the overall attitude is definitely laid back so be prepared for that. But isn't that one of the best reason to go there to begin with if you are looking for a beach vacation? Smile and go with the flow....

The rooms were comfortable and what I would compare to a 3 star hotel in the US.

One thing that was important to me was WIFI, for which little information is posted. WIFI is available everywhere on the resort, including the common areas and rooms. There is cost, however, which is $25 for 25 hours (If I recall correctly, but it is something close to it) over a 6 day period. You buy the WIFI access code in the Internet office close to reception. Once purchased, you use the hours over the course of the time period purchased. Just make sure you log-off or turn off your computer or you will burn through the time purchased.

Within the resort there is a huge pool with lots of chairs and of course the beach. A nightclub is located close to the reception area.

The food is most definitely average and just 'Ok', nothing special here - local drinks are included, including the local beer Presidente (which is actually quite good).

Within walking distance there is a Casino and another nightclub independent of the resort. If you like staying out late, then this is an option after the resort club closes (which is early).

This is no Ritz Carlton, but certainly a very relaxing resort destination. With the promotional price I received I did feel like this resort was a bargain.

I rented a car which greatly expanded my options - It was only about $22 + taxes per day (Use a credit card that offers car rental protection to save money). This allowed me to explore other places close to Puerto Plata, including Cabarete and Sousa. Considering that a one way taxi to the airport cost $50, a car rental is quite a bargain. Driving was easy - yes, it is a little crazy once you get into town with rather relaxed driving rules, but very manageable (at least for me).

Definitely a bargain mid-level resort I would recommend.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet. Choose based on your preference of view