“The Best Hidden Place!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1 Paradise Drive | Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic (Formerly Be Live Grand Carey)   |
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Bedford Hills, New York
“The Best Hidden Place!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my second visit to the Cofresi Palm and it is the best place I have ever stayed!
It is above and beyond excellent. Beautiful villas, excellent food and beaches - BUT MOST OF ALL THE STAFF - Courteous, always smiling, wanting to help.

Romeo "911" at the pool was amazing! We took his class at the pool every day and got the best work out! He gave exercising a whole new meaning! We actually looked forward to going every morning.

The music by "Shaggy" could not be beat!!! He was the best at getting everyone involved in activities and we danced and danced to his music. He too, like Romeo ALWAYS SMILING AND JUST SO HAPPY AT WHAT THEY DO!

Our Chef and housekeepers were always a pleasure to wake up to. I felt like a Queen!

Being my second visit, last visit in 2013 - we still saw the same staff members! That just shows what a wonderful place it is! And the all remembered our group from New York! I can not wait to go back!

Room Tip: All of the Villas are absolutely gorgeous!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
Mount Kisco, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This resort was WONDERFUL. It is all inclusive. Family Friendly. The best part was the Resort Staff in particular, Romeo911WoW, Droopy, Shaggy, and Caramelo. They made my stay exciting and enjoyable. I highly recommend this property..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at this resort with my sister, brother-in-law and my parents the week of April 9th, 2015. My parents, in their late 70s, stayed in one room while my sister, her hubby and I stayed in another. The rooms were clean, spacious and more than adequate considering how little time wS spent in them. The beds were extremely comfortable.

This was my parents first time at an all inclusive and it turned out to be a great introduction for them. The staff was exceptionally helpful, friendly and professional. The food was good and if something was not to our taste, there was always the buffet. We did several ala carte meals. Our favourite was the Indian restaraunt. It was a little spicy but fresh, tasty and lots of variety. Great wine in that one as well.

Several staff members reLly made the trip memorable for all of us: wait staff, Juan, Alerio and Nathaniel couldn't have been nicer if they had known us all their lives. Entertainment: Speedy Golzalez and Minnie Mouse, both stood out as being focused more on the happiness and satisfaction of the guests than on themselves, making sure everyone was involved to their own degree of comfort.

There were a few drawbacks, like a couple of days the shower was cold, or when the power went out for a prolonged period and my parents bathroom drain backed up. But these things did not spoil our experience and I mention them only as a reminder to other guests that this is still an island without the infrastructure and conveniences many of us take for granted at home. The differences are what make the holiday memorable.

Would definitely recommend this place and hope to go again in future.

Lorraine, Liz, Tony, Betty and Ed.

Room Tip: Upper floor or room without a drain in bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

we travelled to cofresi Palm on April 18th on arrival the staff were very helpful despite me not having printed out my confirmation! We were taken To the room by a lovely man who's name I forget but he was most helpful! The room was clean and cool and ready for us to just get in and settle. The room was kept clean every day by a lovely maid who was very polite! Now the animation staff.. Chocolate the little star kept us well entertained and made us feel like a part of the family as did shaggy my brother from another mother lol. Mini mouse was so lovely I just wanted to bring her home with us and spaghetti just the same with the sound of "very nice" every time he was around. Droopy joined us on many occasions and kept us happy with he's very professional but fun personality and a special shout out to the boss man Romeo who in he's own special way managed he's team and he's guests in a manner befitting he's position even with he's cheeky way of calling me Samantha despite the fact I'm a 6 foot tall bloke from England!! Food great staff lovely and generally speaking a very clean and tidy resort! The bad points and there are only 2 STAIRS EVERYWHERE!!! The resort is at the base of a mountain so understandable! And the mini bar in the room was only ever restocked with water! All in all it was a lovely holiday made great by the staff!! Sam Horner. Aka Samantha (cheers Romeo)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We arrived on a Monday evening to the resort, where we had a Jr. Suite Ocean View room and VIP privileges. The room was very nice, and there was a great view. However, the main beach was disgusting! There was a lot of seaweed, broken glass and tin can lids littering the sand. There were also 10 huts further up the beach (there is NOTHING on any of the beaches for shade) that fill up really quickly (go around 5 am). The Pearl buffet had very little to offer and at one point I found an infestation of bugs in the wall where I was eating. I didn't finish eating.
We went to the VIP beach (get there around 7 am, it opens at 8 and fills quickly). The service there was excellent, and they had a variety of nice drinks and food. The Casablanca buffet there was also much better than the Pearl.
One thing that I didn't notice in any of the other reviews was that on the weekends Cofresi opens the doors to the locals, and the beaches are flooded with people. They left garbage everywhere, and pushed their way in to the lines that other guests had formed at the restaurants. It was terrible! Apparently it was their long weekend (got back yesterday, May 4th) and there were so many people, and so much noise, that I could not get relaxed anywhere. The pools at the resort were even worse (loud, full) over this weekend. During the week, the pools were very nice.
Be warned that although building 40 (where we were) had nice rooms, if you plan on taking a break from the heat any time between 3pm and 5pm, you will not find any peace and quiet in your room. The noise is so loud that even with the TV on, you can not escape it.
The mini-fridge was stocked with 3 bottles of water, 2 bottles of beer, and 3 bottles of pop. That was only on the day that we arrived. It was never tended to again.
While we were there we heard of 4 groups that had their rooms broken into and some of their stuff stolen. Two ladies on our flight told us that they had to change rooms 3 times (once because of a break in, once because there was no hot water, and again because their beds and room were infested with flying ants.)
The whole place felt segregated. If you didn't have the yellow VIP bracelet you were not allowed at the VIP beach (again, the main beach was horrid.) If you did not have a higher membership or timeshare than you weren't allowed on any of the other beaches, nor some restaurants. And the whole time you were there you were being hounded about buying a timeshare. There was a huge welcome bbq on Sunday night, where they played a long video inviting you to buy a membership. It was very much like living in a commercial. The dinner would have been awesome if the local people were not pushing you out of their way and diving in to the front of the long lines to get their food first.
The welcome dinner for the Air Transat people was exceptional.
The a la carte restaurants were nice, and the staff did a good job. The entertainment at night was awesome, but somewhat repetitive.
As mentioned there are a LOT of stairs. Definitely not good for anyone with accessibility issues.
There are dogs that wander around the resort, they are friendly though.
The shops are pretty expensive for what you get. You can barter a little though. Many of them do not post prices and you will get different people telling you different prices for the same things. Be careful.

Room Tip: Make sure you get at least a Jr. Suite. Buildings 40-43 are decent.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

To start off when we got to hotel we had to wait half hour in the check in line. then to go to the room another hour. Then after my family and I showered and dressed we wanted something to eat. only 2 people spoke English but they weren't available. We had to wait 2 hours to get something to eat and the food was horrible. Room was horrible the a/c leaked over the bed and in the bathroom if you walked to fast u would fall down. Then they take you on the stupid time share for two hours and try to sell u it. They give a free gift they think you'll give in because of the poor room quality but when you don't they take it back and you have to walk back to the room. IT LIKE A MILE AWAY. Horrible its cheap but dont waste your money to go to garbage.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I just returned from a week at this resort. I have to say that the animation team made my trip that much better. Romeo, Shaggy, Droopy, Chocolate, Spagueti and Mini Mouse were fantastic. I looked forward to getting up every morning to meet them poolside. Never a dull moment and they made sure to keep everyone entertained. Water aerobics were amazing every day with Romeo, and if you were not into it, he was definitely nice to watch ;-). Shaggy and his Whitney Houston performance had me in tears I was laughing so hard. I would definitely consider going back to this resort just to hang out with this crew again!!! I miss them already!!! (Pink xo)
As for the resort itself, I found the staff to be amazing! Everyone was very friendly. I have to give a shout out to Emanuel and Jose (amazing bartenders) I don't have any complaints about the food. The a la carte restaurants were great and there was always something to eat at the buffets. We upgraded to a junior suite after the third day, best decision we made by far. I highly recommend booking the junior suite from the start, you also get partial VIP access with the suite!!!!
The resort is huge, so I suggest walking around and taking it all in!!!

Room Tip: Get the junior suite, it's definitely worth the extra money!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!