“huge and beautiful resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

You added Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1 Paradise Drive | Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic (Formerly Be Live Grand Carey)   |
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Puerto Plata
New York City, New York
“huge and beautiful resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

cofresi plam is a huge resort but at the same times is very beautiful and if you wanna have some fun only you have to go round the beach oe pilon restaurant and righ over there you will meet some guys they mmake a good activities like.. shaggy ymcmb, with the craz game,, romeo 911. with the aerobics thanks you romeo i loved your aerobics, droopy,, always screaming lol those guys such a nice peoploe make sure to meet then thanks you so much guys i will comig back soon

i was in the tropical in the famous vip pool and is incredible shaggy just invited me there to see him blowing fire but the hole show and party was wow, amazing

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This was not my first time visiting the Dominican Republic, but it was definitely the most memorable! From the time we arrived we were greeted by the friendly staff, they made everything very easy and seamless. What really made my experience exciting and worthwhile was the opportunity to meet Romeo, one of the entertainers on the resort! He was so enthusiastic, full of energy, and just all around pleasant. I saw him at the welcome party and then again during water aerobics. He was so engaged with everyone, you could tell how much he enjoys what he does. The people at this resort work so hard to make your experience that much better. I can't wait to go back and would definitely recommend Cofresi! You won't be disappointed!

Love, Cindy & Friends

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
La Vega Province, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Ambiance: The energy in this place is Fantastic! I have to give it to Romeo 911, Chocalate, and Spagetti for making this trip one to remember. If you're looking for an excitement that'll pick you up off your feet (literally and figuratively), this is the place to go. I had days that I found myself in do nothing moods, but the staff (in particular Romeo 911) brought the excitement that followed. For them, I give 5 stars all around the location!!!

Rooms: I had three issues with my rooms. First, the A/C unit was malfunctioning (it only read one speed). Second, I found myself with a broken refrigerator...I know...The big kicker for me though, was the connectivity of television units. The A/C unit wasn't fixed, but granted it worked, I was ok. The refrigerator was repaired, no complaints there. I would've liked my tv fixed (even if not in the room at all, know that it works), but alas, even with my various calls...nothing.

In this respect: Room: 2 Service: 3.5

Staff: Apart from the three mentioned (Romeo 911, Chocolate, Spagetti), some were very good, others not so much. I regret not finding out the gentleman's for the churasco service (at la Pearl) as those were some of the best I've ever tasted! I wish I could include his name in this review, because the care he put into preparing the food, as well as the humble respect he had threw me aback. He was at the Pearl Saturday (roughly around 5-7pm of that helps!), to give him the credit he deserves. There were a few jerks among the other chefs and wait staff, but it's a given in life. Thank you to Romeo 911, Chocolate, Spagetti, Mysterious Churasco guy!

Food: Taste of food varies on chef. Food seemed to taste better on weekday...Be aware.

Overall: I'd give this trip a 3.8 out of 5. It was a fun experience, and definitely something to remember. What would make it a 5 would definitely be the rooming situation, the quality of food, and (personal opinion) a separate beach (had at least 15 people try to sell me things while walking with my wife)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had an amazing time in this hotel. The guys Julio Nice and Shaggy make you feel great in your stay. A great hotel to relax and if you want to listen to music and party you could do that as well. Would Definitely come back!!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I've been to a lot of different resorts all over the place and this one has been one of the best ones yet. For many different reasons, one of my favourite things about this resort is the amount of different places you can go depending on your mood that day. There's a lot of different options for the ocean and the pools. The rooms are nothing too special but have everything you need and are cleanly. My favourite part of this resort is the entertainment team. They are all really amazing but our favourite was shaggy Ymcmb. His English is amazing very easy to talk to , can always make you laugh no matter what. He puts on amazing shows and is an amazing dancer and is so good with the vacationers. Shaggy forsure made this trip worth it. Hopefully get to see him next time we visit !! Had so much fun with him !!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just got an amazing weekend on this hotel.. it is better than before.. I did like the activities specially with Romeo 911 and the guys who works with him... best hotel ever... I recommend you to try Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resorts..!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Just got back from the cofresi resort and I'm was happy with my stay. I was pre warned on certain things so I wasn't surprised, friends complained of stairs to me but how else are you supposed to get around down a large resort I think people are just lazy. Black outs occurred daily but didn't really interrupt my vacation from the beach and catching the sun's rays. I already knew I did not have access to everything which I was ok about, I could do with out the pushy people to go on a tour so they can persuade you to purchase a membership to"lifestyles" I reluctantly went along to get the few bottles of rum and make sure to order drinks and incredible ice cream on the tour. Incredible places to stay but when they mentioned the price of $25000 for membership I couldn't believe it they said it with a straight face. That number or any of the other 3 numbers the manager gave me makes sense at all especially since you still need to cover flight and add at least $70 per person for all inclusive and up. But you can go see for yourself.
I played Tennis with Lilo the Tennis Pro at Cofresi twice and had great matches, he is a very great guy. I watched him give lessons to a guest and was impressed with how he handled himself. I wasn't expecting much on vacation from Tennis but walked away extremely happy with Lilo. Thanks for a great hit.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!