“fantastic time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

You added Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1 Paradise Drive | Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic (Formerly Be Live Grand Carey)   |
Ranked #14 of 42 Hotels in Puerto Plata
“fantastic time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Went down with a group of friends and we all had a great time. the entertainers made it well worth the time during the day down at the beach/pool area. Julio nice,shaggy, john and droopy were so friendly and personal in made it feel like you were family. i would easily go back to this resort and recommend it to other. the food was good, we really enjoyed the mexican and asian. the foam party and welcome party was an awesome experience that everyone should experience.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This resort was really great. I went with 5 of my friends for a week and we had a great time. As most all inclusive vacations, we went in with a grain of salt and a "you get what you pay for" attitude. We're very understanding and don't expect a ton when we go on all inclusive trips. We go simply because they're easy, convenient and relatively inexpensive. This resort most definitely exceeded our expectations.
Firstly, the resort is very large with lots of stairs and hills. For us being young and fit, it wasn't at all a problem, but for the elderly I could see it as a potential hurdle. Personally, I liked it like that. There were multiple pools which was great so you don't get bored of the same one. We typically were at the adult only pool as it was much deeper, had a really cool waterfall and had a beautiful cabana if you're able to grab it before someone else.
The beach was decent. Typical brown sand and not rocky. When we were there the water was a little rough, so it pulled up a lot of sand making the water not really clear, but that's nature, so can't complain.
The buffets were surprisingly good. Again, I never expect too much from buffets, but the selection was great and tasted pretty fresh. The restaurants again, were pretty good! Only downfall to any of the food was that there was no 24/7 snack bar. The times the buffet were open were definitely appropriate times, but those random days where you maybe drank a little too much too early and would like a handful of fries at 11 pm - you'd need to wait till 12:30 when the late night opens.
The disco sucked - but don't they all? I mean, we are 6 gay guys in our mid-late twenties that went wild to have a great time. We kind of felt like zoo animals at the disco and the evening events, only because a lot of people seemed nervous to let loose and have a good time. People lined the walls sitting and staring, sipping their drink. Which is fine, but there wasn't a ton of dancing from the tourists at any of the evening events. We just didn't care about possible judgement, and we had an amazing time. There were never any issues, either :)
The event staff at the resort were amazing. They partied with us the most, probably.
Sunday night they have a VIP party on a beach - It was unfortunately cancelled the week we were there, but heard it's great.
Tuesday afternoon - The resort attached (Tropical) has a Pool Foam Party. It was a lot of fun. (pace yourself.. a couple of us didn't make it to dinner lol)
Thursday night - Again at the other resort (Tropical). It was by far the best night we had. They shut down one of the walk ways and had over head foam machines again. The vibe was awesome and the music was totally on point (edm/top 40). Honestly, just go and enjoy yourself and go wild! Things to consider with the foam party though....
-Try not to wear flip flops - you'll slide everywhere.. I ended up throwing mine to the side and went barefoot... had blisters (so worth it, though)
-It will burn your eyes a little - just roll with it lol. We took our tank tops off and left them on the side by a bush to run over occasionally to wipe our eyes with something dry.
-I recommend just wearing swimwear bottoms and a tank top as it gets messy ;)

We always try to do a couple excursions to just get off resort for a bit. We loved the Paradise Beach (sandbar) snorkelling trip. Crystal clear water, amazing guides and great beach they take you to. The ONLY downfall which they don't make very clear when booking is that it takes you between 1.5-2 hours to get to the location by shuttle bus. Then 1.5-2 hours back again. I personally still say it's worth it, though.
The other one we did was the natural limestone slides and cliff jumping. The water was very cold, but still a great experience.
We booked all excursions through our trip provider (Transat).

All in all, we had an amazing time and I would definitely travel to the resort again. Especially for the price we paid (just under 1,100).

Juana Q. - The bartender, was an absolute delight. She had our back all week. When she's working the bar near the beach, she makes the best Bahama Mama!!! If she's in the cave pool bar... tequila never fails ;)
There was one other entertainment guy that I could not remember his name. We saw him every morning when we stumbled to the beach, and every night at the main events. He was dressed as Michael Jackson one night.. He was amazing. Super high energy, and a delight to be around.

I would say the resort is very diverse. There's areas for families if that's what you're going for, areas for elderly groups or couples, and there's areas for a younger adult crowd.

Have fun!!!! :)

p.s. my sleep quality score doesn't reflect the resort specifically... it's always the same when not in my own bed. The rooms are typical.. nothing amazing and nothing at all bad (we didn't upgrade above a standard room).

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I just returned from cofressi palm beach and it has by far been the best place I have stayed. The best part about my stay was the entertainment staff making everyone feel welcome. Julio, Shaggy, John, Mini, Scooby, Speedy and Grace made myself and my family feel at home. All of these amazing people always brought a smile to my face and made me come out of my comfort zone! No matter what time of the day it was, all of the entertainment staff was full of energy, even when you knew that the heat was a lot. I will 100 percent be back again just because of these amazing, joyful people. I love them all and am amazed by how satisfied I am with my stay at cofressi palm beach & spa resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I travelled to the Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort with my friends from February 13-20th. We had a great time but wish the weather would have been nicer.The resort is beautiful and well maintained but alittle difficult to get around at first because there are about 7 seperate resorts under one banner and if you arent VIP then there are alot of areas and perks you dont have access to. If i was to go again i would have definitely upgraded to VIP because they have their own sports bar pool, entertainment, own Cabanas on the beach, and their own sushi bar, along with food service and golf carts to get around.

We were originally assigned to rooms in Building 309 which were far from what we expected. The rooms were dark and gloomy and smelled like mold and we had to go back to reception everyday for the first 3 days to complain because they had no other rooms available. We felt the other reception staff did not have much sense of urgency or concern in our matter but Jacqueline who is the supervisor has taken it into her own hands and made sure we were moved to much better cleaner rooms in Building 204 by the 4th night . We trully appreciated all her help. She is genuine and amazing and a true definition of exceptional customer service. Thank you for making this trip so much better for us Jacqueline!!! :) The new rooms were so nice and clean with a beautiful balcony.

The food: We tried 2 a la carte restaurants- the Italian and the Brazilian which were both really awesome. My favorite was the Italian. Everything tasted delicious and the service at both restaurants was fast and amazing. The only thing we didnt like was the booking process and wish it would have been easier.The buffets were also great. We ate at the Cofresi and Casablanca buffet and found the Casablanca buffet to be so much better. For everyone staying at the Cofresi,you can take the shuttle at reception to get there. Its worth going there for sure. The workers and waiters/waitresses at these buffets are all so welcoming and friendly. One person that stood out the most was Angel Mercado. He is so genuine, hardworking and good hearted, always looking out for everyone and going over and beyond to ensure you have an amazing experience. Its very obvious he loves his job and takes time to build relationships with the tourists. He is always smiling and so kind. It was such a pleasure to have met him.

The entertainment: The shows were awesome and super fun both at the Cofresi stage and at the Colloseum. I prefered the stage at the Colloseum because it was much bigger and would recommend them improving the stage at the Cofresi. Loved the Michael Jackson show and all the dancing performances. They do a great job getting audience up on the stage and involving them in the fun. The foam party was a blast too and such a hit. We just wished the beach party wasnt canceled due to weather because after seeing the foam party i am sure it would have been awesome!

The entertainment staff: These people have made our trip incredible!!! They went over and beyond to make it that much more memorable. HUGE THANKS GO TO SHAGGY and his crew of JULIO, SCOOBY, DROOPY, MINNIE and JHON. These guys were all amazing and our trip wouldnt have been the same without them. They have such unique personalities and characters with so much energy and great senses of humour, always puting a smile on your face or making you laugh. I loved every minute around them and couldnt help but to have a perma smile with every interaction. :):):)

The bars: We really enjoyed the pool bar by the lobby called Cheers- keep your eyes out for Edward and Manuel both amazing bartenders with great personalities :) The bar at the beach was also great, and the entertainment crew always had music playing there during the day. My recommendation would be to have music playing at the Cheers pool bar too.

ICE BAR: Great bar to go to after 11 with great music and awesome bartenders. We really enjoyed this club alot and if you are looking for some night life make sure to stop by.

The maids: The maids were all so nice and friendly. Our rooms were cleaned well, no problems there. Make sure to treat them nice, they really work hard to make sure you have a comfortable stay.:)

Maintenance- All concerns we had in terms of hot water and hair dryer not working were always dealt with in such a timely manner. Thank you to all the awesome maintenance staff who work hard everyday.

Bell boy recognition- I would like to recognize Pedro Pena- he is one of the nicest and sweetest guys we met there. I have never seen him without a smile on his face. He is always so ready happy and willing to help anyone and is such a hard worker. Thank you for being so awesome!

Overal the vacation was great- staff all nice friendly and welcoming. This resort is so full of life and energy.

I would also like to recognize one of the ladies from the Cofresi buffet- and i am so sorry that we did not get her name but she was amazing. She is one of the pregnant ladies with brown hair always pulled back into a pony tail. She is so hardworking and goes above and beyond. One of my friends was sick and she made a special drink that was intended to calm and help her stomach feel better. We thought it was so sweet of her and she didnt have to do it. I hope she can still get recognized even though we dont know her name. Such a nice lady!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS TRIP MEMORABLE AND AMAZING FOR US!! Your kindness will not be forgotten.! :)

Room Tip: I would recommend the 200s. We got moved to section 204 and preferred that so much better then the 3...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Julio Nice was one of the best entertainers at the resort, very outgoing and fun.
Aswell as John, Shaggy, Scooby, Grace & Mini!
Should all be in the big leagues, amazing people and amazing workers all together. They should all be in Hollywood (:

• Stayed February 2015
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just got back from a 7 day stay! Really enjoyed the resort, the beaches and pools were all beautiful and the grounds was very well kept. The staff was amazing especially our daily server Manuary and bartenders Edward, Edison and Carlos. The entertainment staff was incredible, always providing fun games and activities for the guests even when the weather was not cooperating as expected (which was unusual). Minnie, Shaggy, Droppy, Speedy, John, Scooby Doo and Julio were so much fun, we couldn't have asked to meet a better group of people!! We attended 2 foam parties that were organized by the resort staff (one in a pool and one at the V.I.P. Members area) they were so much fun!!

As soon as we arrived to the resort which was early in the morning around 2AM they had someone waiting to help carry our bags directly to our room. We had no problems getting beach towels as they were waiting in our room for us upon arrival an issue that we heard many had.

If you are not at the beach early in the morning you will most likely not get a lounge chair and we found that people put their towels in the cabanas at night in order to save them for the following day which was also annoying.

We found that the noise level early in the mornings was loud due to yard work (lawn mowing and leaf blowing) usually starting around 7am which made sleeping in not an option. We also found it interesting that they pre make your dinner reservations for you and only give you a small window on the day of (between 9-11AM) to change them. This was annoying as we had planned to spend some days away from the resort and were left with no options for change. We were also with a group of 5 split between 2 rooms and our reservations were made for different times and restaurants- at first the staff was unwilling to change them however they finally did.

Overall the experience was good and I would definitely return to the resort again!

Room Tip: Building 207 was in a good location with a pool located right outside of it. It was close to the bea...
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just returned Feb 21st, we spent 2 lovely weeks at Cofresi Palm. We were in block 302 which were really nice rooms. The food was a lot better than I expected. Really enjoyed the Mexican and Indian Restaurant. The nightly entertainment was also really good, if you go don't miss the Thursday VIP party!! Something to see!! The best part of our vacation was our entertainment staff at the Palm section!! Just a great bunch of kids who kept us laughing all the time. A really big thank-you goes out to Speedy Gonzalez, Scooby Doo, Mini Mouse, Shaggy and Julio Nice!! You guys are the best!!! The only downfall was the Sales staff trying to talk you into buying into their so called timeshares!!! Wasn't impressed with the different categories of the travellers, VIP, black banner etc!! Went for a vacation not to buy a timeshare!! Also our rep at the resort was fantastic!! Freddy!! He did a fantastic job and was always there if we needed him (Nolitours)

Room Tip: We did not spend the extra cash on a VIP room and I'm glad we didn't, our room was nicer tha...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!