“Already planning to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1 Paradise Drive | Cofresi Beach, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic (Formerly Be Live Grand Carey)   |
Ranked #23 of 43 hotels in Puerto Plata
Belleville, Canada
“Already planning to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my first trip to the Dominican and it will not be my last! The staff at Cofresi were all so friendly and accommodating, and the resort is beautiful. We started off in the basic room, which was beautiful, with a huge balcony, but since my friends in the other room were having air conditioner problems, they happily upgraded our whole group to ocean view suites! Even better! Activities off the resort included things like a cable car ride to the top of Mount Isabel, a city tour of Puerto Plata, horseback riding, and scuba diving. There were lots more activities we could have done but to be honest, the animation team is so entertaining that you don't have to leave the resort to have a great time! Blackie was the best; he got me in the pool to do aerobics (which I would normally never do, lol) and got me up on the stage to be the magicians assistant in the magic show (that was hilarious)! He really made my trip better than I could have even imagined. On Sunday night the whole resort goes to a VIP party; the food is amazing, there is a fire show, music, and then we all went up on the stage for a dance party! I danced all night, made new friends, and can not WAIT to go back. Everyone should go to Cofresi! <3

1,505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
POINTE DIXON POINT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have spend a week in the Ocean View Suite Building 40 with my family and my Mom and Friends, I couldn't ask for more, The Food, beverage, the Staff,, EXCELLENT,,
Theres no need to change your Money, if you want to give tips, or by souvenirs, Americain money is just fine.
We also went on the Puerto Plata Runners tour, I also enjoy that day,, Please if you go on this tour, bring something for the kids, ( books, paper, crayons, candy, ) anything, you will go to school, and It's great to help them out.
I would recommend this place, I love it, and would realy like to go back someday.
Have Fun.

Room Tip: If you do choose a Suite, You will have a bracelet for VIP Beach,, This is realy fun, they bring you...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kensington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I do not know where to begin. We just got back April 14, I have never had such a wonderful Vacation, All staff were beautiful inside and out. But a Hats off to all Entertainment staff you guys really made our vacation so much fun. To Mickey you touched our hearts beyond, We will never forget you. We spent our early evenings each night at Cheers bar. Special shout out to Edward & Manuel. We could not have been treated better you two rocked and made our evenings a blast our drinks never ran low and we always had great music. We met so many new friends at this little bar and it became our nightly meeting place. Without those two bartenders it would not have been the same. We did not want to say goodbye to these guys. We made memories that will last a like time:) Also to the disco nights thanks for making our nights turn into early mornings. Music was great and got to learn some new dance moves. Food we could not have asked for better there was always something for everyone. To all the servers at the main buffet thanks for everything. You guys were the best always friendly. Lots of laughs seeing some from the night before at the disco.. ( Good Times) Our room was beautiful great view and very clean. Hats off to our maid we never went without. Pools were always clean. Bathrooms were spotless all around the resort. To our shuttle guys you guys were great always a ride when you wanted one. To the bell hops thanks for looking after our luggage arriving and leaving... To all security Thank you so much for making us three girls feel safe at all times. We can not wait to go back and spend ten days next time. I have never had such an awesome experience. Special Mention to Manuel, Edward, Mickey and the rest of entertainment staff our vacation would not have been the same without you guys. It was a hard goodbye to each and everyone of you. We cant wait to see you guys again. Ive learned you get what you give we treated these guys well and got treated excellent in return. These guys work very very hard and never once did they not have open arms and a big smile on faces. Thanks again guys YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a Junior suite on 3rd floor.
PEI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just returned from an awesome week at Cofresi Palm Beach and spa. We were 3 girls who went for a week of sun and enjoyed this property completely. We stayed in a Jr Suite bldg 41. From check in to check out we were treated awesome. The staff here go out of their way to make you feel welcome and pampered.The check in was smooth with a bellman taking our luggage right up to our room for us. Each morning I woke and went to the small beach bar for large mugs of coffee to enjoy on our balcony. The one morning I missed, I was asked if we were ok..now hows that for remembering a guest and making them feel special.There was always a spot on the beach or by any pool. I cannot say enough about the animation staff Speedy, Rambo, Shaggy, Mickey you made our week, sorry guys but we are still adopting Mickey! Always a hello, always a wave as they walked by our balcony, always a dance or a stop on the beach to talk! Great bunch of guys. Our favorite bar was Cheers, where we would meet up with some wonderful people and be served by our favorite bartenders Edward and Manuel.You guys made our week and we will never forget you. Play Timber one more time! lol. The disco is a fun place and starts rocking around 12 after Cheers closes. The gardening staff, the maids,even the guys selling time shares were so nice.The food was great never went hungry.The place is very safe, and super friendly.I wondered down to the VIP beach we had access to and it was fabulous, staff here was awesome too. Something very good will always be made for you by Danny and his Oompa Loompas! We never did any excursions as I have been here a lot of times and we just wanted a beach week.We have decided to make this Resort our yearly destination. Thank you so much Cofresi Palm Staff for making our week memorable! We will definately return next year!

Room Tip: Choose an upgrade to Jr Suites they are definately worth it!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I would never go to this resort again. I was able to relax and enjoy my vaca the beach and property where nice as well as the staff, but I did not like the fact that if you’re not V.I.P you don't get to eat in nice restaurants and enjoy good drinks. This resort is all about V.I.P (Timeshare). We were so upset that we could not watch the basketball game because we were not V.I.P, there are 29 restaurants and we were only allowed to eat at 4 we had to repeat two. I have gone many times to Punta Cana all inclusive and have never been labeled or told what beach, pools, bar, and restaurants I am aloud to eat at. If I pay for an all-inclusive I should have to go to guest services every day and fight to eat in a restaurant. There is no way to get V.I.P unless you become a (timeshare holder). So unfair will not refer to friends or Will not return. Save your money and go to a real all inclusive resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
The Management T, Manager at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear guest,

We are really sorry that we did not meet your expectations, anyhow we appreciate that you took your time to write this review.
Your comments are taken very seriously, we will use it to improve our product and we apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations.

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulty you may have experienced during your stay.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort April 5th-April 12th. Overall my stay was great but it wouldn't have been the same if it weren't for the animation team. Julio, Rambo, Shaggy, Micky, Speedy and Blacky were all amazing(and energetic) entertainers but I'd like to send out a special thanks to Julio for teaching me how to meringue and getting me involved in EVERY activity possible. I can't wait to revisit and make some new memories with the animation team.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

It is of great honor to us to receive a review like this one that you have kindly shared with us. Your compliment towards our staff really shows the readers the true results of our efforts to provide an unforgettable experience.

Please keep in mind that we will be pleased to welcome you back.

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

stayed here March 24 to 31, had a garden view room,40202 Nolitplus. I was vey impressed by the room, comfortable and clean, My room attendant was excellent, she greeted me everyday with a smile and a hug. We had top notch service from all staff we encountered, from the bar staff, food servers, house keeping and drivers. keep in mind it pays to be kind to the staff, they work very hard for little pay, so be sure to tip, if you can afford a vacation you can afford a tip, and I don't mean just the bar staff, this includes the maids, and the entertainment crew. we experienced the banana boat, parasailing, spa, and so much more. the entertainment staff, Speedy, Shaggy, and Mickey are amazing.................Speedy will even give you Spanish lessons if you ask. I can not wait to go back, great experience! the resort is very large, you do need to be driven in the golf carts, but they come around often, usually don't wait more then 5 to 10 minutes. the only suggestions I would have for the resort is to ensure the atm bank machine is filled more often.............I would have spent more money but couldn't get any. The only issue I had was the Airtransit Consultant that was at the hotel, he seemed disinterested in the concern of the guests that had issues with their bookings, he basically ignored our group when we mention a room booking issue, basically just shrugged his shoulders, we contacted our agent back in Canada and they fixed it for us.

Room Tip: the Garden view, and ocean view noliplus rooms are excellent, however if you are traveling with frie...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

In the name of the Management, we want to thank you for taking time to post a review about your experience among us and for choosing Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort for your holidays.
We are very pleased to acknowledge that the beauty of Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort and the excellent service provided by staff ensured you a pleasant stay. This comment about ATM bank is taken very seriously, we will use it to improve.

We hope to welcome you back and remain at your disposition for any assistance prior your next visit.

The Management

Been to Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!