In October 2012, my husband and I stayed in a junior suite overlooking the ocean at the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort. It was the perfect set-up for us since there was just the two of us and we were there for two weeks. We weren’t killing our pocket books, yet we had all we really needed – a wonderful ocean view, a pool right outside our door, a coffee maker and well-stocked refrigerator, daily maid service, and access to all restaurants, buffets, and beach facilities. (Cofresi Palms is part of an overall resort called Lifestyle Vacation Club Resort so you have access to a lot of amenities). We were in Building 41, which I would recommend since it does have a good view of the water. Although the room is right by the pool, it is amazingly sound-proofed so you don’t get any noise when the sliding glass doors are closed.
We spent some of our time at the pool, but we spent most of our time at the beach either at Cofresi Beach or Serenity Beach (Serenity is our favorite at the entire resort). There is great service at Serenity Beach (as there is at all the beaches) and they have a nice crepe place, which serves crepe specials daily (usually chicken or beef of some sort) along with all the dessert crepes (chocolate-strawberry, lemon, chocolate-peanut butter-banana (for Elvis), etc.)
As a matter of fact, the food is good everywhere. There are two buffets at the resort – the Pearl is the one located at the Cofresi Palms site. The Casablanca is located at the Tropical site. Other restaurants at the Cofresi Palms include Rodizio, an excellent Brazilian restaurant where they serve a variety of freshly grilled meats (chicken, turkey, steak, sausage, etc.) right at your table and El Pilon, a Dominican restaurant with good steak. There are also plenty of bars and a Tappas Lounge that serves Spanish appetizers at Cofresi Palms. Throughout the resort, there is a variety of food available including Mexican, Italian, Indonesian, International, Cajun, seafood, etc. Everyone should find something to like, especially with the two buffets available and with all the additional food and snacks available at the beaches.
We went to the Yin Yang Spa and had great massages, then went back for facials, which were done very professionally. We felt really pampered and ready for that deep sea fishing trip we had schedules!!! We had a great time!
Our representative, Nora Hamil, took care of us during our stay and she made everything go smoothly for us. She is a gem!!
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Resort Spa
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort
- Sun Village Resort & Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.