I want to first say that i feel that some of the more negative reviews are a bit much for this property. I was there in July for my honeymoon. We booked a Jr Suite and had a wonderful room in Building 40. I know that from reading the reviews that it is the building to be in and was very fortunate getting it. People should understand that you are going to get what you paid for. I have met people that were staying at the resort that paid for a standard room and that is what they got. They were displeased with the room, but once again you get what you pay for. The service was great. Everyone was always smiling and saying hello, which is a big thing for me because if the staff is miserable it would bring me down. The animacion team was great. The shows they put on were funny and entertaining. The food was good when you ate at the a la carte restaurants. The buffet was hit or miss, though I did enjoy the breakfast. Juice bar was good pancakes and french toast was good, omlettes as well. People did ask us to do their parasailing and all that but we kindly just said no thank you and they did not bother you again. The VIP beach was great the beds were nice and service friendly. The VIP beach also had the best drinks.
Here is a tip for the VIP beach. Get there early, put your stuff down on a bed, and then go to breakfast. I would wake up at 8 and put our towels on a bed and then head back over to our room and meet my wife and go to breakfast and then head to the VIP beach. Everyone does it and if you get there around 8-830 you can get a decent bed with a nice view of the ocean.
Chinese place was good and the Dominican restuarant was great. If you go there get the steak.
I wouldn't reccommend this resort for older people with bad knees as there is a lot of stairs, but we didn't mind them.
If it says adults only at a pool that doesnt mean they are going to enforce it. the only time they enforced the adults only pool was the middle pool with the waterfall because it is a deep pool. I understand that some people would find that as a huge negative but it is not an adults only resort and you are able to find quite places to swim and lay by the pool not even looking hard. The weekends get busy because I am assuming thatlocal people come for a quick getaway.
We kept hearing people having stomach issues the entire trip. My wife and I were fine during our stay until the last day. We started getting stomach issues. We chalked it up to the vegetables there being washed, because we did not have any problems until then. The vegetables were not always ripe and fresh all the time. The fruit was but not the vegetables.
Other than that our stay was great. I would not go to this resort and expect 5* or a Sandals type of atmoshpere but if you are on a budget and want to go to the DR. I think it would be a good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata