We booked through Cheap Caribbean and got a steal of a deal so we were not expecting top luxury. Overall, i thought the resort was nice...like other reviewers stated the complex is HUGE. We spent most of our time at the adults only pool near the lobby or at the pool near the spa. When we did venture to the beach, it was crowded and the service was slow.
I felt safer at this resort and in Puerto Plata than I did in Punta Cana. You could go down the beach and into the town. If you are traveling as a group of women or as a single woman I would have no problem recommending this resort or area.
We never had a problem with our room, which is a first for a resort. The room was small but who cares we were only there to sleep. It was clean and the A/C was cold.
The food was better than some all-inclusives we have been to and it was nice having a choice of different buffets. We ate twice at the Mexican restaurant and the food was GREAT.
We took a shuttle to the other parts of the resort rather than walking and we never had to wait more than a few minutes.
Now for the not so great parts, the VIP's are treated like royalty and everyone else like peasants.
The cigar guy was a complete pushy jerk to my husband even after he bought some from him.
The vacation club guys are like sharks and stalk you. We did the presentation so he could get his commission and directly asked for the bottom line and realized at least for us the math did not add up.
My main complaint is the fridge was not stocked with beer or soda after your arrival. We asked the front desk and this is a service for VIP's only. Even the worst resorts we have been to give you a few beers every day!
We would go back if we got another great deal or were able to buy a week at a good price. Overall a great week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata