STAY AWAY! seriously ! completely disappointed had to come home early”
where do i start??? from arrival it was disappointing in every way . it was my first real vaca with my boyfriend. we are young and not fussy people. the service and management from the start was poor. We waited for our room to be ready for over an hour when we got there. We were told all the restaurants were booked up and we had to eat at the buffet for dinner. we finally were settled in our room ( which had a odor of sewage when we first walked in) we asked right away to have the problem fixed and it never was. we went off to the buffet because we were starving. the buffet el pinon was absolutely repulsive !!!! it looked worse then pig slop and was fly infested!!! i regret not taking pictures of that! we had to eat though, and immediately after eating that food felt off. the beach was disappointing aswell. it wasnt the blue crystal waters as we thought. it looked more like a jersey shore beach . murky water and not very appealing. the first night we went to the welcome party which was the only thing we enjoyed from our vacation. it was very nice. the next day is when the sickness began! we felt horrible, and slept in until 2 pm ! trying to get ourselves together we headed to grab some food . AGAIN HORRIBLE!!!!! being forced to eat that food would eventually lead to severe food poisoning for the both of us.And getting a reservation for the restaurants , FORGET ABOUT IT. if you want to wait at guest services for an hour in a half in the morning go ahead. i waited and was the 15th person and still didnt get it!!!! we basically spent most of our time in our sewage smelling room. the next day we tried to get some breakfast but by about 3 went back to our rooms feeling once again horrible. then it really began ( i apologize for giving too much info in these following sentences) EXTREME diarrhea and violently throwing up!!! for the next 7 hours we suffered in our rooms from this!!!! we tried calling front desk for 4 hours and no luck. they would literally hang up on us! we needed medical attention. we were delirious from dehydration and seriously scared for our lives. we finally got ahold of someone and the doctor had to come to our room! he wanted to put us in hospital for the night but we had told him we contacted our families and they got us an early plane ticket home for the next day. so he took us to his office on resort for treatment. we were hooked up to ivy's for 3 hours given saline and other anti-diarrhea medications. my boyfriend had 102 fever. and I was extremely dehydrated . we have full medical reports and if it werent for that doctor wed still be there given we wouldnt have been able to fly . Unbelievable , i am now home fuming over all the money i spent for this trip and vacation time wasted. not to mention our health is still compromised! we still feel horrible and are going to doctor here to get further attention. Please if you have booked this resort , change it right AWAY!! it is not at all advertised and should be completely shut down~! we plan to get our lawyers involved along with many other couples we met there that we completely disgusted! the couple we met found animal hooves in their food at buffet !!!! and there bathroom was flooded for 3 days before they were moved. they told us about the place AHORA on the beach! excellent place and service!!!!
I am devastated from this experience, this resort is a scam for you to buy a time share. So they could care less about serving you. I hope this deters people, i am only 20 finally have a good job where i could afford this trip for my boyfriend as a Christmas present. i am so horrified and am affraid to ever go out of country again. we seriously could have died without medical attention and what a first experience this was!
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Resort Spa
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort
- Sun Village Resort & Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.