“Excellent Expeditions for a Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Expeditions for a Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My friends and I booked three trips through Marysol Tours for our August 2012 trip to Puerto Plata - Paradise Island, Jeep Safari (with the waterfalls), and a 1/2 Day Horseback Riding. Francisco is extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful, as are all of the tour guides. As three young women on these trips, we never felt unsafe, and all of the people on the tours with us were friendly and fun as well. Elvis (Jeep Safari tour guide) was entertaining to say the least. Marysol Tours offers the best prices for the best tours. We brought school supplies and candy for the children we encountered on the trips and they were very appreciative of it.

This was my second time doing the Jeep Safari tour with the waterfalls, and it's just as fun as I remembered. Paradise Island was beyond beautiful, and our Horseback Riding trip took us on a lovely ride through the trees and beach--amazing. The food included on the Jeep Safari and Paradise Island trips was delicious, and we were able to enjoy some green coconut juice straight from the coconut on the horseback riding trip. I would book all of these trips again in a heartbeat.

I will be booking all of our future trips through Francisco!

4 attraction reviews
“Marysol has the best prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked the Paradise Island tour through Francisco at Marysol Tours. The prices was only $60. vs the hotel price of $95. We had a great time - the excursion was amazing. Francisco is very good to deal with. If you go on this excursion (highly recommended) I suggest to take some goodies for the children along the way and please feel free to tip your tour guides etc! They work hard - I couldn't believe how cheap people were when we went - we were the only ones of 50 plus people who put a dollar in the tip jar for the great people who served us lunch along the way.

Visited October 2012
“Airport transfers and 27 waterfalls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Francisco is great and all responds to inquiries quickly and even helped pick us up from the airport, even though he was the owner. He has the best prices and is the easiest to work with. At the airport transfers for even cheaper than we could of done it on 1 of the big bussea with cheap Caribbean, and this was much more personal service. He also did provided transportation for 27 waterfalls which was wonderful. If you need transportation or have excursions you want to do in the Dominican Republic in Puerto Plata then use Francisco at Marysol tours.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome Tour Operator and Awesome Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from Puerto Plata and we had a great time thanks to Francisco at Marysol Tours. Francisco was both helpful and very professional. We found his services to be fun and informative. The prices are fair and much cheaper than what you would pay through your hotel. He ensured our safety and well-being while putting together an experience of a lifetime. Fellow travellers I highly recommend Marysol tours because Francisco will make sure you have a great experience on your vacation. My boyfriend and I had done paradise island, outback safari and the dune buggy excursions with Francisco. These I say are a must! We fell in love with paradise island and got to unleash the adventurer in us in the outback safari and dune buggy excursion. Just a note to fellow travellers, if do decide to do the outback safari or the dune buggy, we suggest you bring t-shirts or school supplies for the children in the villages. We had taken candy for the children however we realized that a lot of tourists bring candy for these children and it might give them cavities. Other than that enjoy!

Rochester, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
“great tours and good prices!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I just got back and thanks to Marysol tours we were able to vacation the way we wanted. --by seeing many things other than just the resort!!!! We stayed at the Celuisms playa dorada and they didn't have the availability for us to do the mount isabel. At first a bit hesitant to go out of the resort, cause they scare you sooo much on how it's not safe to do so, but we found Marysol tours in the plaza that was walking distance from our resort. The resort should be ashamed of scaring tourist like they do!!! We booked 2 tours with Marysol tours, they catered to our needs of what we wanted to do on our vacation. We had an amazing time, and they're excursions are good prices, cheapy, cheapy! We did the city tour and cable car. Since we don't drink Francisco had no problem taking us to the amber and larimar musuem instead of the rum factory. Thanks again for doing that for us. The cable car up mount Isabel was amazing, the guide stays with you and let us know that the shops are really expensive and better to buy in the city. They are very honest people and we appreciated that attribute!!!. It never felt like it was about getting our money, but us being happy and getting to do and see what we wanted!!!!! We had such a good time so we did another tour with them. the 27 waterfalls. It again was an amazing full day. we saw a cock fight for the first time, got to help make coffee and taste it, tried chocolate fresh from the tree, and lastly the hike up to the waterfall. Which is a must do!!! The food was included at the end of the waterfall adventure, which there I had the best tasting chicken ever. On the way home we wanted to stop on the side of the road to purchase fresh coconuts to drink from, it was not a problem, and again gave us that feeling it wasn't about our money, but us having a good time and enjoying our vacation.!!!!Thanks to James and Francisco, my husband and I had a wonderful vacation!!!