“The restaurant is closed” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 70 Restaurants in Puerto Plata
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Naples,FL
“The restaurant is closed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visited yesterday and was told by locals the the restaurant has been closed for at least a month and the owner went back to Canada - I was very disappointed based on the great reviews - my rating is obviously based on the prior opinions of others

Visited June 2013

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
“Good food, best location in front of the Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Service is great! Canadian owner is always concern about the tourist satisfaction and also all the people who live in the area and come for the nice relaxing atmosphere on the beach!

Visited May 2013
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
“What is poutaine?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a great lunch and some cold beers but what in the world is this French Canadian dish poutaine. Heavy duty sauce ll over my french fries what happened to cachup?
Relaxing day which fit exactly what I had been needing.

Visited May 2013
Ontario
“Enjoy !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend & I were in Puerto Plata for 2 weeks in April and heard that there was an awesome "poutine" place down the beach so we headed there once per week as we enjoyed the walk, food & service. Upon arrival the first time, we were greeted by François's (owner) brother Georgio who set us up (4 of us) at a table and apologized immediately for the service as a table of 16 had just arrived therefore our lunch might take awhile. No problem as we are on holidays and we enjoyed a couple of Presidentés/Coors light while waiting. I am not a big poutine fan but thought I would try it (Hispaniola is the Quebec one) and we ordered a club with fries also. All four of us enjoyed our treat very much. Georgio came by our table again to chat and re-apologize for the wait. He really did not need to do that as we understood but I thought that was excellent customer service on his part.
I shall definitely return.
ENJOY !!!
NOTE: bring some travel tissues for the washroom IN case they run out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Getting my medecine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

After a few days of abuse at the bar of my resort (hey it's all included, I'm on vacation and I don't need to drive), I was in need for the best hangover medicine on earth to get my stomach back on track: POUTINE! I heard there was that little snack bar on the beach within a 10 minutes walk from my resort that serve poutine. So, on wednesday april 10th, I decided it was time to give it a shout!

First impression, it was not a high end designer built snack bar, but, damn the spot is just freaking awesome, and anyway, i like the style of the place, I was not going for a 5 stars meal! Second thing, the personnel, is cool, efficient and the owner/managers (Québécois), are super cool and it was great to talk french for once! Then lets get to the real reason why I got there, Ze Poutine! I had poutine last winter in Mexico, so I knew what to expect since I know that they can't use the same cheese that we use in Quebec. Well, lets talk about the fries, it's without a doubt the best fries I had in Puerto Plata. Then, the homemade gravy was really good thick enough to stick on the fries. The the cheese (I'm not a cheese lover at all), a local, firm little squared cutted, was doing the work!
So I must say that this was a really good poutine, as good as many snack-bar up here in Quebec! I would without any doubt recommend you to give it a shout!
Friends told me that the Club Sandwich is really good, as their langoustines are excellent too!

little remark, they should put something hard on the ground, cause when you sit on the stool at the bar, you quickly start to dig in the sand lol

So if you get to Puerto Plata, you just can't miss the occasion to go at Hispanola for a nice and affordable meal ( or even just a drink, they have a beer and a nice drink menu!) with a great atmosphere directly on the beach!

• Visited April 2013