“fine dining” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
costambar
“fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

great presentation, great service and food ! ramon the long time waiter has it all figured out !

Cofresi, Puerto Plata DR
“Best food on the North Coast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Los Tres Cocos is an intimate open air restaurant in La Roka just outside of Puerto Plata. It's a bit hard to find but well worth the effort. Mickey's (as it is known locally because it is the chef's name) provides a menu but it is his specials that are the best. It is an delightful restaurant with a great wait staff. Mickey was a chef in Austria and he has brought his talent here. The food is beautifully presented and a delight for your palate. And Mickey always comes out to make sure you are satisfied. A great meal (drink, appetizer, entree and dessert) for about $1000 peso (about $28.00US). And I am usually taking some home with me. I can barely buy a passable main course for that in the US!

• Visited December 2011
Florida
“Adorable little restaurant, good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Being Austrian I had read about the restaurant before going to Puerto Plata. We did not really plan going there, but one day we accidentally passed by there with our car and stopped to eat. My mum had some kind of fish filed, which she said was delicious. My husband had lamb stew. He said it was ok (but he is really difficult to please). I had the Schwabenpfanne, which was good as well, tasted just like home. And for dessert Vienna Ice Coffee - delicious.
The place is cute and nicely decorated and really intimate. And the owner comes to every table to say hi. Really nice place.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Amazing Austrian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We are all about trying to eat like the locals when we travel but decided to take a break from DR cuisine when this restaurant was recommended to us. I am SO glad we did! The food here was really fantastic and the owner + staff were so pleasant. I stuffed myself and nearly had to roll out the door but wish I could have had room for more!

Located a bit off the beaten path so don't be alarmed when you feel like you are driving into the middle of nowhere. Once you get there it is very romantic and secluded. Really enjoyed ourselves here!

• Visited July 2011
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Out standing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Found this place by accident in 06 and enjoyed the schnitzel and a wiess beer .My next trip the food at hotel I stayed in sucked so my buddy and I jumped in cab and had the best meal in four day's .If you go there ask for the jagger schnitzel and your taste buds and stomach will be very happy.