“Memorable” 5 of 5 stars

809-586-1401
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: When you visit La Parrillada Steak House, you're in for a real treat. Take a seat indoor or outdoor on our beautiful terrace and experience our famous churrasco straight from the charcoal grill. It keeps our customers coming back time and again! Whether you choose one of our sizzling steaks,succulent lobster, shrimp or fish, you'll enjoy a mouthwatering meal every time you visit. Our warm and charming atmosphere will instantly relax you while our attentive staff spoils you. La Parrillada Steak House is the perfect destination for your next night out, whether an intimate dinner for two, a family evening or a large group celebration.
Gatineau, Quebec
“Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of 7 plus an infant.
The owner's (Joanne) ability to communicate in English & French was a great helpand much appreciated by our group. The out door patio with the BBQ cooking area was charming. The prices are very reasonable. The experience was so memorable that one of the couples returned the next night.
P.S. While in the taxi on our way back to the hotel Joanee called the driver to inform us that we had forgotten the baby stroller...class act. Thank's again Joanne

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Savannah,GA
“TRULY OUTSTANDING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Arrived about thirty minutes late for a 7 o'clock reservation due to "Murphys Law".

Greeted by staff at the door as if we were on time. Very impressed at the personal treatment and escorted to a table on the terrace close to the grill. Wonderful evening, light breeze and not too hot. Road close by wasn't as distracting as I thought, provided somewhat eclectic atmosphere to the evening similar to a european street cafe but still had privacy on the elevated terrace.

STARTERS:
A bottle of Merlot to get underway followed by shrimp cocktail for me and Atlantic Shrimp for my companion along with some bruschetta with a wonderful fresh tomato type salsa that complimented the warm Garlic perfectly. I loved the shrimp cocktail sauce! Consistency of mayonaisse yet had a wonderful flavor-not the usual ketchup and tabasco sauce.

ENTREE
Had the "local"churrassco with a side of french fried potatos for me and my companion had a grilled pork. The churrasco, although a thin cut was filling and a good portion and I was hungry! Very nice flavor, cooked to medium as requested. Really a delightful choice. Companion enjoyed her choice as well and reported being impressed.

DESSERT
Companion and I had to sit for a bit before ordering dessert we were that impressed with the meal! Relaxing conversation with a bit more wine as attentive staff removed the course and allowed us to enjoy the evening at our own pace. Finally ordered a vanilla ice cream with Frutas for companion and "Tres leche cake" for me along with a cup of Dominican coffee. Very well presented, tasted companions dessert and was delicious,not a typical scoop of ice cream with flavored syrup. My dessert was truly phenomanal!! I tried to make it last as long as possible but it was difficult!!

Truly great ending to a wonderful meal.

In closing I must say the establishment far exceeded my expectations. Staff was very attentive,courteous and personable. The food was delicious, filling and an event to savor. I will be back in the future and highly reccomend.

NOTE: Informed by manager that the owner of the land the restaurant is on is planning a plaza on the location and that they will be relocating in the near future. They will announce when and new location via thier website and Facebook.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Best Meal of my Life, Hands Down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We are the other couple who traveled with Amber P (review below ours), and WOW - WOW - WOW. There is nothing much more that can be said. We left the resort to visit this restaurant, and boy are we glad we did. I would implore anyone to take the leap, hop in a cab and visit this place PRONTO. The food was amazingly prepared with the best flavor. From the chicken to the pork, ribs, shrimp, grouper - everything was cooked PERFECTLY. Also, surprisingly, best french onion soup I've had in my life. Owner was on premises and assisted with taking orders (english speaking). It was such a pleasant experience...one of the best parts of our trip.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We came here with another couple at the resort we were staying at. I had read about this restaurant through reviews and can I say please go before the restaurant isn't there anymore. It was the BEST meal we had during out entire vacation. And for what we paid? For the quality and service? Probably would have had to pay a small fortune for the same experience in the states! It was YUM YUM YUM! To cook the food across the board all perfectly? To the intended temperature? My sincerest compliments to the chef. It was sublime. A trip to the DR without eating here would've been incomplete and not as satisfying. Period. I am a foodie and I can not rave enough about this restaurant.

Visited March 2014
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Eat the ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

All dishes really great, and good value. You must try it! Ribs just fall off the bone and so tasty. Steak you can cut with a spoon. Told to go here by the lads from Orion (Bahia Maimon)

Visited March 2014