Stayed here for two weeks in September with my o/h. What a fantastic hotel and village. We were slightly cautious when we first booked going read some of the reviews we wondered if we had made the right decision, so glad we didn't take the reviews to heart.
This hotel is amazing perfect location, amazing food and the staff are always there to help and the entertainment team do a fabulous job from morning till night.
We regularly ate at all of the restaurants on the complex as you can have morning and afternoon meals at any of the 3 hotels you do have to eat your main meal at your own hotel but with so much choice on the buffet you will not be disappointed.
Yes the morning and snack food is repetitive but only if you eat the same day in and day out, it's easy to mix and match so you don't get bored.
The excursions were pricey and not all that fabulous but to get a good overall feeling of the island and the community the excursion into town and the cable cars is a good way to start.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Located in the Riu Resort, near ClubHotels Riu Bachata and Riu Mambo * Main building and 1-story bungalow complex * Surrounded by 15,000 m2 / 18,000 sq. yards of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 150 m / 495 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 300 m / 990 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Merengue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Hotel
- Club Hotel Riu Merengue
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Riu Merengue Dominican Republic
- Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Rui Merengue