We went here in January 2011, hotel was nice and i like the set out, all the little apartments, i prefer this to a huge tower block.
Everywhere is clean as always at Riu hotels, the pool area is great and the beach is really nice, private to so no hasslers!! loved the kayaks and water sports ( awesome)
Entertainemtnwas great also, my girlfriend won Ms Mambo - not sure if thats good or bad when you see what they have to do! we still have the bottle of rum she won though! :)
The food was good, my mum got ill but we did drink a lot, when you got a rum and coke, it literally was rum, with a dash of coke, which was great on a night.
Would definately go back in the future, want to go elsewhere first though, we actually walked around the other 2 sister hotels and thought this was the nicest, and cheapest, best beach, restaraunt and pool.
One bad point, dont go on sea fishing trip :p
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Located in the Riu Resort, near ClubHotels Riu Bachata and Riu Mambo * Main building and 1-story bungalow complex * Surrounded by 15,000 m2 / 18,000 sq. yards of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 150 m / 495 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 300 m / 990 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Merengue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Hotel
- Club Hotel Riu Merengue
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Riu Merengue Dominican Republic
- Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Rui Merengue