We stayed here for our honeymoon. After a long flight we arrived at the hotel to welcome drinks. Checked in adn then went to our room. Rooms are good size, very clean, had a balcony and optics with gin, vodka and rum. Also a stocked fridge with coke, plenty water and beer.
The food was very average with a fair selection. we were always able to get something to eat whenever we wanted. The best nights were the themed nights as they seemed to have a wider variety. If you didnt like the Dominican food they had the usual british things as well.
The entertainment team were fabulous. Always full of energy and new how to motivate people into taking part in teh activities but were not to pushy if you just wanted a day of rest.
We went a few excursions, which were worth while but were not cheap! Its good to get out and about and see outside the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Located in the Riu Resort, near ClubHotels Riu Bachata and Riu Mambo * Main building and 1-story bungalow complex * Surrounded by 15,000 m2 / 18,000 sq. yards of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 150 m / 495 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 300 m / 990 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Merengue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Hotel
- Club Hotel Riu Merengue
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Riu Merengue Dominican Republic
- Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Rui Merengue