This was another return to this hotel for us and we were not disappointed with what we found.
Since we were last here the bedrooms have had a coat of paint and the TV's are now large flat screen which was nice.
The bathroom had not been upgraded however and was a bit tired and in need of improvement. The bathroom door did not close properly.
They have now added a swim-up bar to the pool which is great - the bartenders (Ysidro & Lucida were excellent and very friendly - thankyou.
The entertainment team worked very hard to keep people involved and happy. Their evening shows in general were very professionally presented.
A couple of negatives were -
The food trays under the heaters in the buffets need to be kept hotter - mostly the food from them was only warm.
The staff in the Brazilian restaurant were not very friendly and we felt rushed through the meal by them appearing too quickly with each meat skewer.
Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime beach location. Approximately 5 minutes drive from Puerto Plata. Elegant Caribbean atmosphere. 2 km from the golf course. Top 5-star luxury. Water sports galore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.