My husband and I were in your resort and had a good time because we are not picky!!!
Let me start with the good:
Front desk 120% FANTASTIC
Food very tasty and lots of variety
Very clean, rooms done on time and properly
Beautiful beach and pool
Fantastic grounds, amazing sitting area specially around the lobby bar.
Now in my opinion things you need to improve or change:
Your staff does not ever say Good morning, How are you, Thank you or even a smile especially at the buffet and the lobby bar.I should not have to wait 30 minutes for a drink or have to get up to get my own.
Another negative is the weekend guests!!!
They have no manners, when in the restaurants they use the serving spoons to taste the food. In the pool you have posted signs asking guests to shower before going in, and they go in with Tshirts or like I saw myself in there underwear, if you want those guests they should book a vacation like we do.
I have been in Dominican many times ( Punta Cana, Samana and La Romana) and so far your resort was the worst, in my opinion you don't deserve 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime beach location. Approximately 5 minutes drive from Puerto Plata. Elegant Caribbean atmosphere. 2 km from the golf course. Top 5-star luxury. Water sports galore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata