We visited this resort from March 18th to the 25th, 2013. I can't say enough about this resort.
The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms are a good size and very comfortable. Our cleaning lady named Maria made sure we had plenty of water and always left a little something for us each day. From chocolates to flowers. Thank you so much!!
The food was always fresh and you had a verity to choose from. The omelets were so good..I had one everyday for breakfast. We went to the same seating section for every meal so we could have the same waiter. Santos...What a gem. Always made sure we had everything we needed.
The pool is a great size and was cleaned daily. While we were there we didn't ever have to worry about seating and there were lots of areas for shade and full sun.
The beach is beautiful. Lots of little huts to escape from the sun. Loads of non motorized sports to take advantage of. My husband even tried windsurfing. He did great with the help of Luka.
There are plenty of bars and the servers are the best. There are two at the front of the resort, one by the pool and another down by the beach. You never had to walk far. Self serve pop machines are by the pool and the beach. You have to try the ice cream by the pool bar. Yummy!!
I can't say enough about the star friends. We feel in love with each of them. Curly, Pepsi, Gi Gi, Dee Dee, Maria, Jonathan, Houlu Houlu and Baby Face. YOU MADE OUR VACATION!!!!! We are booking a vacation to come back next year based on your wonderful interaction with the guests. I can't imagine coming back and you guys not being there. I hope to see you again next year. (I will be highly disappointed if I can't see all of your beautiful faces again!!!)
The nightly shows are fantastic. The star friends always start the night off by getting the guests up to play games. Then the entertainment team made up of dancers come out and fill your night up with beautiful music and dance. The Lion King was great. I love how they got the kids who were staying at the resort involved. They all looked to cute!!
To my friend Pepsi...I love you and wish you all the best. I hope to see you again next year. I miss seeing your beautiful smile!!!
Remember to tip the staff well...Most of them work from 9:30 in the morning until 12:00 at night. They are there to make sure you have the best vacation and work very hard.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime beach location. Approximately 5 minutes drive from Puerto Plata. Elegant Caribbean atmosphere. 2 km from the golf course. Top 5-star luxury. Water sports galore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.