My husband and I stayed at the Iberostar 1st - 15th Dec 03. It was absolutely wonderful. The hotel grounds decor and public areas are so well presented and maintained. There's plenty of quiet areas to sit and relax in the lobby bar, the plaza area or the pool. Pool area gets a bit hot - no breeze so the beach was our choice everyday. Plenty of sunloungers. There is some seaweed but the staff work tirelessly to clean it up every day. Spent lots of time strolling up and down the vast beach areas and it is amazing how the sand changes everyday with the tides. During our first week we were blessed with tropical storm 'Odette'. Plenty of cloud and rain and no sun at all for 5 days - but what the heck - the bars are always open and the Star Friends work really hard to keep you entertained. The only down side was both our excursions were cancelled. Monster Trucks because the river levels were too high and a boat trip because the seas were too rough even in the 2nd week. We were disappointed but we got full refunds. The food was just too good and far too much choice - not good for a pre-Xmas diet.
Very wide choice of fresh foods, perfectly cooked. I never once felt like - maybe I should'nt be eating this - even the sea food - fresh baby lobster on the grill. All the food areas were kept clean and well presented. How anyone can complain about the food is beyond me.Excellent choice of branded drinks and the presidente beer is very nice. Very helpful and friendly staff nothing too much trouble - always having a laugh. The room was spotless and well stocked mini-bar. A/C worked very well. They had a managers cocktail party where all the various managers got up on stage and they did a very brave thing - they asked a packed audience in the showbar if anyone had any complaints ! - Only one - the weather and there's not much they can do about that !
How's that for confidence in the service they provide. It speaks for itself. We have been to Iberostar Tucan in Playacar Mexico previously.
This was a slightly better hotel - monkeys in the trees and more wildlife around the grounds, bigger and better beach and Playa del Carmen is lovely - can highly recommend but you will find it much more expensive to get there and in and around resort. DR offers excellent value in comparison because you get the same 5 star service for much less. We were so impressed we have just booked to go back in May to the Dominicana in Bavaro/Punta Cana.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime beach location. Approximately 5 minutes drive from Puerto Plata. Elegant Caribbean atmosphere. 2 km from the golf course. Top 5-star luxury. Water sports galore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.