“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Costa Dorada

You added Iberostar Costa Dorada to your Saves list
Iberostar Costa Dorada
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Luperon km 4 | Marapica, Costa Dorada, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at the Iberostar for 2 weeks beging of October their were four adults in our party. We had a fantastic holiday. The staff were friendly and the facilities are excellent. It was extremely hot when we were there. And it was amazing how those animators danced and performed to the standard they did in this heat. From Beach Partys to Cabaret we were spoiled for choice. The rooms were extremely clean and the staff were very polite and discreet. This is the first time I have been on holiday and not gone on an excurstion this was only due to the extreme heat. Allthough I like to see the some of the country I am visiting it did not spoil my holiday because of the first class service we recieved. Our fridge had a fault in our room my husband rang the reception to report it and the engineer was there with in a few minutes. we laughed and thought he was just waiting outside our room just in case we needed him. I would highly recommed this hotel. You can understand the why people return time after time.

Room Tip: We had read previous reviews about upgrading we were going to up grade when we arrived. our rep told...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear guest JuBanChi,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada to enjoy your holidays and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
In the name of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, we would like to express you our satisfaction when reading that our premises and the excellent service from our friendly staff members ensured you “a fantastic holiday” to you and your friends. Our goal as an Iberostar Hotel is to ensure memorable experiences to our “stars” on vacation. We will congratulate our Star Friend team whose work was remarkable to make your stay especial.
We will be waiting for your next visit. Please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Polish first
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent two weeks here during late oct \ early nov. this was our eighth visit so we knew what to expect. In our room when we arrived was a nice basket of fruit and some rum. We were also allocated a sea view room. They know how to treat their regulars. This time, however I was very disappointed with a few things. Firstly, the room was not once fumigated during the stay, in the past it was done weekly, consequently my wife was bitten several times. Getting enough bottled water was also a major challenge, six out of the fourteen days we have to ring reception to ask for more. The food in both the buffet and the pool restaurant was served very cool, and not once did we see anyone doing temperature checks- a little dangerous in my view as the risk of food issues is high.
The younger staff members need to have a course in customer relations from the older folks, in many occasions we felt as if we were interrupting their conversations to ask for things. Our rep, from Thomson, was told of our problems and promised to have a word with the hotel staff, totally ineffective. Also, we saw one of the newer staff members walk into a restroom and tick off the QA inspection form, without even checking the place, which had no towel and overflowing bins!! This hotel really needs to have a few mystery guests put through it.
I would like to praise Edwin in the lobby bar, and Juan in the beach bar, both long term staff and again, made our holiday fun and gave the previous premium customer service we had got used to. Thanks guys.
All in all we made the decision that we won't be back. This isn't the hotel it was a few years ago, still OK but definitely not the five star plus venue it was.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Hotel Guest,
On behalf of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, we thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar Costa Dorada as your holiday’s destination and for the time spent and effort of writing your feedback about your recent and eighth visit to our premises.
We are deeply sorry to read that our hotel premises, services, gastronomy and quality could not meet your expectations this time. Your concerns and valuable suggestions were submitted to the Management Team, so that we together we can improve our standards and procedures and take it to the level expected by our dear guests. As you are well known, it is our goal in Iberostar to offer our beloved “stars” an unforgettable holiday. We're very sorry to have disappointed you during your recent visit.
On the other hand, we have congratulated Edwin and Juan whose service made a difference during your stay.
We hope to welcome you back at Iberostar Costa Dorada again and show our hospitality and excellent service. In case you decide to give us this chance, please feel free to contact us prior your visit.
With best regards,
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Santa,Conny, Capuccino, Pepsy Cola,Sttakira,Eddy,AND GG, were all outstanding with their service to us going back next year hope to see them again everyone one was very frienly and always wanted to help nor get you something it was never a problem to them

Room Tip: we had a ocean view awesome
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review in Tripadvisor about your stay with us. In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Pedro Morales, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada for your holidays.
We are thankful for your positive comments towards the service provided by our staff in the pool area, especially by the star Friends whom you named in the review, e.g. Santa, Connie, Pepsi Cola, Shakira, Eddy and GG. In Iberostar we are committed to provide the best service to ensure unforgettable experiences to our beloved guests.
We will be honored to welcome you back next year. Please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
with regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

After 8 visits to this hotel there's always something new to impress me. The staff are so friendly and helpful nothing is ever a bother.the food is lovely and not repetitive always fresh and of a high quality. Entertainment is great with an enthusiastic team who put a great buzz in to the place. Some of the shows were new this year top marks for the dancers they could hold their own in any theater. Some new activities from last year included a white beach party when everyone including the band dressed in white it was a great night and a great venue for a party a lot of effort went into it .I will most defiantly be back next year in October I like to go other places at different times of the year but this is the only place I would never get bored of no matter how many time I went.

• Stayed October 2012
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guests,
We thank you for taking time to write a review in Tripadvisor about your recent stay among us. In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Pedro Morales, we also thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada as your holiday’s destination.
We want to express how honored we are to acknowledge that our hotel services, quality, activities and premises have met your expectations in every of your eight visits. We appreciate your motivating words about the exquisite quality of food served in our restaurants and our nightly themed buffet, and the service provided by our staff members, especially our Star Friends. As you well know, in Iberostar we are committed to make our guests’ stay an unforgettable experience.
We will be more than happy to welcome you back. We remain at your disposition for further assistance.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I went this hotel third time within a year. I travelled my wife only this time. We woke up at 3 AM in the morning on October 31st. Our flight departed at 6.20 AM from Toronto. We arrived to the hotel around noon. When we like to check-in they told us our room is not ready and we have to wait and the clerks show some papers: The check-in time is 3 pm. Come on guys!
I was a regular guests , the hotel was half empty in this low-season days. I was there before in high season and we never had problem about the check-in, but we arrived at the same time always in the past. All together only 8 mean EIGHT guests come with Sunwing this trip (included small child and older couples) and both of us have to wait 2 hour in the very humid 40 celsius lobby after a 9 hour trip. You guys know we'll arrive around noon and the previous Sunwing guests are checked out at 7 AM that morning. So you had empty rooms, the hotel half packed and you had 5 hours to clean our rooms and make us comfortable after the arriving.
We were tired from the early wake up and the climate change and very disappointed and the other guests wasn't happy either. The clerks had a typical dominican "manana" style and they didn't push the cleaners to make our room ready. Maybe they want 20$ tip to do something? I don't know! How long it take to clean a room? Never more than 20-30 minutes but we had been forced to wait 2 hour in the lobby. I WENT to check out our room and surged and pushed the cleaning lady to clean the room. When it was ready, I went back to the lobby and said for the clerk: Hey our room is ready! He said: You have to wait till the superintendent calls us. I said : Come on you can call him or her and ask about our room. He said: No they have to call us. So I wait another half hour, but our room was clean already.
We can check in at 2 pm but 2 hours in the 40 celsius degrees lobby wasn't nice and was a very bad start of our vacation.
Otherwise the weather was great (thanks for the mother of nature not for the staff), the food was really good and the staff are really friendly, except the clerks.Maybe they have too much ego or they think they are the most important persons in the hotel. No guys, the important persons are the guests and a sometimes a smile won't kill you. Without us, you guys are just jobless people and right now you have 20-30$ less tip what I leave there usually at the check-out time. This trip I give tip as always for everyone, except the clerks.
Other bad things: we got every day 1 liter water.1 liter for two adults in 40 degrees? It's a joke guys. Before this trip I thought about an other all family vacation in January with my mother and my godmother and my friends(around 6 person) but I don't think so. Since the sunwing will arrive the same time in January, I don't want to put my 70 years old mother through this check-in torture and forced to wait 2 hours in the lobby. It's hard enough the acclimatization from minus 20 celsius to the 30-40 degrees caribbean weather and I don't want to make it harder for her. I really like this place, but I think we'll go somewhere else and spend my 10 thousands $ there.
It's really sad and I thought the regular guests are important in this business but not here. This check-in problem is not a problem, if you guys have a flexible management OR helpful clerks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,
We thank you very much for posting a review about your third experience at Iberostar Costa Dorada hotel. On behalf of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, we also thank you for your loyalty when choosing our premises as your holiday’s destination.
We are pleased to hear that your third visit to our hotel was “great”, according to the title of the review, despite the incidences related to our check in procedures. We appreciate your nice lines about our varied gastronomy and the service provided by our waiter service staff. In Iberostar we are committed to offer a unique cuisine to our beloved guests.
Allow me to clarify that our check in time is 3pm (15:00) as it clearly says in vouchers, website information and in vacation brochures in all travel agencies. We do out outmost to accommodate our beloved guests if they arrive in previous hours but this depends to our occupancy and room availability the day of their arrival. We also remind our valuable costumers that check out time is at 12:00 pm; it means that in most cases our Housekeeping crew may have less than three hours to deliver those rooms clean for the next costumers. Moreover, there is not always correspondence between the amount of rooms that check in and check out from a Tour Operator the same day. Furthermore, we profit from low season to make preventive maintenance to our rooms that is why many of them might not been available. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to upkeep our premises. Being said this; we extend our apologies for not being able to have accommodated you the day of your arrival. I have shared your suggestions and concerns with our Front Desk staff and Housekeeping Managers to deliver the level of friendliness expected by our “stars” on vacation.
In case you decide to give us the chance to show you the way we care about our customers in Iberostar Costa Dorada; we remain at your disposition for further assistance.
Kiev
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you go to this hotel be sure to have fun duaring all the time! Thanks a lot, dear Animation Team! Dee Dee, Capuccino, Santa, Maria, Conny, Eddy are doing their best to make your vacations unforgettable!
The service was also excellent. The only thing we really didn't like are the photographers in the hotel. The photographers could make better pictures. The pictures are not of a good quality and the prise does not correspond to it.
Yuriy and Olga from Ukrane

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
In the name of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, and his team, we thank you for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Costa Dorada and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed an excellent stay due to the friendliness of our staff, especially from our Star Friends: Dee Dee, Capuccino, Santa, Maria, Conny, and Eddy. One of our guiding principles in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts is to ensure our guests to “enjoy being a Star” during their holidays.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again, please feel free to contact us before your arrival.
Kindest regards,
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We returned last week having had 2 weeks holiday 17/10/2012 to 31/10/2012.the hotel is very stunning and smart to look at when you arrive very homely and cosey so you will not be dissapointed.hotel excellent spotlessley clean throughout and comfortable furnishings both in the rooms and public areas.We were in junior suite room 5214 overlooking the beach peace and quiet and a lovely view.the staff are very friendley and go out of their way to look after you.Especially santa.maria.dieke and eddie murphy on the animation team..they were just great the gardens are stunning and well kept and the beach is great too stunning location plent of sun beds and you can either sunbathe in the gardens before the beach or on the beach..there is always something going on during the day and shows in the evening.had the resident band playing on the beach just before we left was great.had a bit of a blip with the food but was soon sorted out.by mario guest service manager and jose` and julliane the other 2 mangers and mario a big thankyou for looking after us and making sure everything was good.a big thankyou to nelson in the buffet restaraunt who was our waiter and looked after us excellently .And thakyou to the management for my birthday cake.(dorice annie ).and our special dinner for our anniversary.so go with an open mind we had a great time.and you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear guest,
We want to thank you for choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada for your holiday, birthday and anniversary celebrations. In the name of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, we also thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.
It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed an unforgettable experience during your visit to our premises due to the friendliness and excellent service from our staff. In Iberostar we aim to ensure memorable holidays to our beloved “stars” on vacation. We will congratulate Jose Luis, Julian, Mario, and the Star Friends: Santa, Maria, DD and Eddie Murphy for making your stay especial.
We are already willing to welcome you back, please contact us to assist you for your next visit.
With regards,

Been to Iberostar Costa Dorada? Share your experiences!