We stayed at the Iberostar from 12th - 26th July and really didn,t want to come home. There was myself, husband and 7 year old daughter.
I'll break it down into for you-
Room - Rooms were clean and satisfactory. There were some ants but it wasn't a major problem, if you left food or empty glasses unwashed you could guarantee they would attract ants. Maids done a great job cleaning every day.
Beach - The beach was lovely but to be honest my daughter loved the pool so we didn't spend much time on the beach.
Food - Me and my husband had different opinions of the food because I thought it was lovely and he thought it was bland. Either way there is lots of choice and plenty of it so you wouldn't go hungry. I'd like to say a big thank you to Nelson in the buffet as he really did provide us with 5 star service.
Kids Club - The staff at the Kids club were brilliant, big thanks to Connie and Sheikira. If your child is willing to get involved with the kids entertainment they will throughly enjoy it. The staff will normally walk round the pool at 10am asking kids to come and play, if the kids say no they will still ask again in the afternoon and again the next day. My daughter didn't really go to kids club the first week but went most days the second week and was in the kids show nearly every night which included Grease, Lion King which was amazing!, Talent Contest and many more!
Entertainment - Big shout to Cappacino who kept us throughly entertained, the entertainment team try and get you involved in all the games throughout the day. We didn't get involved in many games and there was no pressure to do so, but we still enjoyed talking to the entertainment team and watching theres games.A big shout out also to gg and duracell.
Weekends - To be honest the weekends do get busy with locals but I don't see what all the negativity on the other reviews are about. If someone jumped in front of me I would tap them and point behind me as if to say " I was first " and they would just let me in front. We were bothered by it.
The only issued we had was we were awoken one morning around 7am by an old canadian couple who had entered our room, they were more shocked than us I think and were puzzled how there key card had worked in our door. When we mentioned it to reception they basically told us this was impossible and couldn't have happened.
Besides that little incident we had a fabulous time and met some great people. The staff at this hotel really do make your holiday they work so hard to make sure you enjoy yourself, can I just say they don't expect tips but they are greatly appreciated.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime beach location. Approximately 5 minutes drive from Puerto Plata. Elegant Caribbean atmosphere. 2 km from the golf course. Top 5-star luxury. Water sports galore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, VISIT US, INC. and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.