Great place. Clean spacious rooms. Excellent entertainment and animators, who create a fun atmosphere. Quiet pool also available. Very nice beach, including for long walks and dipping along the walk (although GranVentana could use a few more parasols if possible).
The complex is the perfect size (not too big or too spread out, everything nearby). Great cocktails, bartenders & wait staff. Great food, including local cuisine always part of the buffet. Loved the coffee & tea self-serve post, with coffee & milk always fresh; and the fresh water dispenser on the floors. Wouldn't hurt to have complementary coffee & water in the room too, for that first coffee on the balcony in your PJs... ;-)
Puerto Plata town is just a 10-15 minute cab ride away... worth a visit, including going to evening dance clubs for some latino dancing.
If you're looking for a nice atmosphere, great service and entertainment staff, and don't need unnecessary luxuries, this place is great in terms of price-quality-atmosphere! Highly recommended for families, friends, couples, and even a solo traveller...
My experience was...EXCELLENTEEEE!!!
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Hotel
- Grand Ventana
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.