it was OK but I would never consider going back. :( Perhaps I was expecting more because of its 4 star rating but I've been to nicer 3 star clubs. The room was way too small for us - so much so that you couldn't fit a 'roll-away' if you wanted. The room would have been fine for a couple. There was only a small dresser with 3 drawers and the closet allowed for 12 hangers - not much space for 4 people to put clothing. (We asked about a bigger room but they could not accommodate us even though the club was clearly not full.)
The club was nice and the food was OK but I don't feel they put much effort into making the guests feel welcomed. We even discovered tipping in the dining room and a la carte restaurants didn't make any difference. They got to you whenever....more often than not, we got our own water, coffee, juice and wine. I will add that the fitness room equipment pre-dates the dinosaurs and smelled of 'pee'. It was gross! (Really don't know where the 4th star came from on this club.)
They ration the water bottles in the mini fridges. There were 4 of us in the room and we'd only get 2 bottles of water, despite leaving a tip and a note. We never consumed the beer or pop so you think they'd figure we just wanted water. Other clubs I've been to 'fill' the fridge - not this one. We 'shared' bath towels because we never had 4.
FWIW, I tipped the maid daily and brought an entire suitcase full of clothes and small accessories which I left on my pillow in a little pile every day. She took them but I never got any 'extras' like towel sculptures, or flowers on the bed or extra towels. When I did this in Cuba, the maid was so thankful, she even wrote me a little note in her best english - very touching :).
The relentless beach peddlars has gotten way out of hand at this club. It was like a swarm as soon as you set foot on the beach.
Had the room been better, it would have been more enjoyable, but I wouldn't go back to this one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic