We spent the first week of march at the resort. This was our first trip to the Caribbean, so we were a little apprehensive. Upon arrival we were greated with drinks while waiting to check in. Our room was in the quiet building that was a very short walk past the tennis court, across the parking lot. This building is also where resevations were made for the alacart resturants. The beds were a bit hard but talking to others that have travelled it is quite common down there. The bedding was great though. There is a quiet pool and bar there also. The bartender Jackie said to us it wasn'the quiet bar when she was working, and she did her part to keep that up, always keeping patrons on there toes. The lobby and main pool were very nice. A short walk to the beach and miles of beautiful sand. Four of our seven days snorkelling was an option but the seas got rough near the end so we were unable to go again. There were a lot of vendors on the beach, but they were polite and not pushy. They are great people to talk to and they remember you everyday! The food was great, at the buffet and the alacart . Our favorite was the Itailian, but they were all good. Drinks were plentiful and the booze was good. If you got the attention of a waiter once they kept you filled. If you want a hut by the ocean you better be down there by 7am to stake your claim.
It was a great family experience for us and we are planning on returning next year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic