The resort has good taste, is full of color, the interior gardens fill with birds in the morning, food is better than average, beach and swimming pools fine. More interesting activities can be found close by: sand buggies, horseback riding, very good para-sailing, snorkeling, terraced waterfall that can be used for wet tobogganing, swimming with dolphins etc. We played beach volley with Brits and had some conversations with Dutch and German folks.
In my opinion food was quite diverse. I particularly liked local food: yucca, veggies, plantains, creole cuisine and ripe fruits. I remembered one evening we had exceptional lamb roast but only a minor fraction of tourists even tried it.
The evenings had a beach party, 10 minutes toward the town. There is also a disco close to the mall but I found that less attractive.
I found locals to be very live and helpful (I speak basic Spanish) and respectful. We took a motorcycle taxi to town, purchased Brugal for friends back home and had fun.
On the less bright side, I was a bit surprised by the number of zombies sitting all day in the same chairs, eating the same hot dog, pizza and fries days after days while complaining about various reasons. They lighted for few seconds when I shown them how to spot hummingbirds but lights went back off when animation called the daily bingo game.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Otel and getaroom.com so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic