“Great vacation once again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada

You added Grand Paradise Playa Dorada to your Saves list
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Complejo Playa Dorada | P.O. Box 337, Puerto Plata 332, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Whitby, Canada
“Great vacation once again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We met up with our friends from all over the world, some we met in 1992, we go to this resort each year in April, it is good value, best beach and just a lovely place to go. If you are looking for a party place then this is not for you, but if you want to relax and enjoy the beach, this is it. Over two weeks I read 7 books, while sitting on the beach. The food has greatly improved and my friends from Montreal arranged a lovely birthday party for me in the buffet overlooking the ocean. They worked with the General Manager who is a lovely person and made my day special. I can!t thank them enough. Our room was lovely, we always book a superior but our single friend had an adjoining room that was standard and it was very nice. We would have cookies and coffee on our balcony each afternoon. I always take my small kettle and instant coffee with me as the hotel removed the coffee pots a few years ago. We don't bother with the nightly entertainment although they had a group singing, the female singer was lovely. They could do with better shows, like the ones of years past, cats, water show etc. our thing is the casino, however the hotel needs to do something about it, it was very hot and a lot of machines were broken, as this is now the only casino in the playa dorada area they should take the casino back to the way it was in the 90's. We are looking forward to our next vacation at Grand ParAdise and seeing our many friends among the staff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel was really clean and beautiful. Good food, and entertainment. Yancarlos is friendly, great dancer, always cheering up the crowd, he made the trip even more fun. Definitely would go back there!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was there for three days with my BF and we both had an amazing time, the food was very good! And the entertainment team was great a special thanks to Rafael, Yanet, Luis, Jairo, Jeancarlos and Juan!!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Resort was great! Employers were fun and social. Had a great time! My boy Jose at the bar is the man, great beach. Entertainment was hilarious. Food was really good. Luis, Jonathan jael yanet Jairo they are all great fun, very easy to talk to. Would recommend this resort to anyone! I will definitely come back to this resort! Take my advice, come here! :)

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The resort itself is okay, I expected a little more. There are little stuff that people were upset such as having to pay for the security safe key per night, and the fact that their wasn't a variety of restaurants. However, I looked forward to the night entertainment each and every day during my stay. Yanet, Luis, Jairo, Jeancarlos and Juan from the entertainment crew made our stay worthwhile. They provided an excellent service, are friendly and had everyone full of laughter. Overall, the staff were very friendly and well-rounded. Although our experience could have been better, my family and I made the best of it, and enjoyed our entire stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This resort is very clean, the entertainment staff are always ready to lighten up the day but don't expect much most nights is was the crowd that participated I think there was two night of actual dancers that performed . This resort is geared towards older couples, retired, or families. I would give this resort a definite 3 star, There's, a mall and disco within walking distance. But I found everything very expensive, not worth buying anything for the prices that are been asked. The beach is beautiful .The one thing I was disappointed with was there was no gym on the resort There was also no food or drinks on the resort after 2am, which is disappointing. I went into the city one day and was freaked out they way they drive there I honestly couldn't wait to get back on off the streets. The food is very repetitive , breakfast was the same thing everyday, Lunch and dinner the same but I was lucky enough to found something I liked to eat .the Italian ala carte is gross. The vendors at the beach really were a bit to much at times, most times I just wanted to be left alone but your always approved by someone, The resort was 25% full when we were there not very business which I guess was a good thing. The cappuccino machine was broken the whole 8 days we were there and no one cared to have anyone look at it, I had to ask most mornings for someone to fill the tea box up with tea and sugar. I made the best of my vacation but I would not return.

Room Tip: Room 4200 located right by the Lobby
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Grand Paradise Puerto Plata around two weeks ago and boy did I have a wonderful time! The staff was incredibly attentive/helpful and I'm very much looking forward to returning in the near future! Yancarlos (Receptionist) was a cut above the rest nonetheless. He truly went above and beyond to meet all of my needs! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Grand Paradise Playa Dorada? Share your experiences!