We met up with our friends from all over the world, some we met in 1992, we go to this resort each year in April, it is good value, best beach and just a lovely place to go. If you are looking for a party place then this is not for you, but if you want to relax and enjoy the beach, this is it. Over two weeks I read 7 books, while sitting on the beach. The food has greatly improved and my friends from Montreal arranged a lovely birthday party for me in the buffet overlooking the ocean. They worked with the General Manager who is a lovely person and made my day special. I can!t thank them enough. Our room was lovely, we always book a superior but our single friend had an adjoining room that was standard and it was very nice. We would have cookies and coffee on our balcony each afternoon. I always take my small kettle and instant coffee with me as the hotel removed the coffee pots a few years ago. We don't bother with the nightly entertainment although they had a group singing, the female singer was lovely. They could do with better shows, like the ones of years past, cats, water show etc. our thing is the casino, however the hotel needs to do something about it, it was very hot and a lot of machines were broken, as this is now the only casino in the playa dorada area they should take the casino back to the way it was in the 90's. We are looking forward to our next vacation at Grand ParAdise and seeing our many friends among the staff.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino