I've been to this resort 5 times and my main complaint is the management just doesn't care. Now I understand they've done some room updates (which were looooooooooooooong overdue) but that doesn't fix management's attitude. The staff, for the most part, are wonderful. Say "hi" to Alan at the beach bar and Luis at the pool bar. Great guys. The resort is not big so easy to get around. Steps to the Playa Dorada Mall, if you go away to shop?????? The original Robert Trent Jones golf course is right there and afternoon tee times, after 2 are ridiculously low. But you'll sweat your shorts off because of the humidity. The beach isn't that great, but better than some. Horseback riding (offered free) is with Joyce the Horse Lady. She is a howl, so don't miss going with her for a ride. Now you might ask "Why have you been there so many times if it needs all this attention?" Well, simply put, PRICE. When I was going yearly there, the price per week was unbeatable. Prices to this place are not bad, but the Dominican tourism board better do something, and quickly, about the exorbitant taxes on a week vacation. When the taxes are more than the trip itself, then something is wrong. That's largely why I shifted my vacations to either Mexico or Cuba. Better value for your money. But as long the planes keep filling, they will keep those taxes in place. Want them lower? Then stop going to the DR until they get the message.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino