“Fantastic Trip.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada

Save Saved
You added Grand Paradise Playa Dorada to your Saves list
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Complejo Playa Dorada | P.O. Box 337, Puerto Plata 332, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #12 of 42 hotels in Puerto Plata
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Grand Paradise es un complejo excelente. Manny, Donkey y Happy Boy son fantásticos animadores. Sin duda, volvería a este lugar!!!
Grand Paradise is an excellent resort. Manny, Donkey and Happy Boy are fantastic entertainers. I will defininely return to this place again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1,881 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I travelled with a group of 8( young adults and adults). The hotel is perfectly situated in the playa dorada comes which is a bit more secure than other locations. There were always lots of security guards milling about within the complex. The rooms were great. The couple of minor issues we had were corrected immediately. The staff were all very pleasant and eager to make sure everyone was having fun. My only issue would be the food at the al a carte restaurants. I was expecting something special and received just fair food. The buffet was always good and located right on the beach which was beautiful.
I was pleasantly surprised by what we received for the $$ we spent.
I would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Canada de Gomez, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

drand I was in paradise with my husband. It is the ideal hotel to rest and to share with your partner and why not! With a group of friends too. The hotel may be full but still feel the tranquility that only an adult hotel can offer. is a lot bladed truth, the colors you have in itself is relaxing by guillermo diaz Attentions are very good, the food despite not having a variety is delicious and the desserts or speak. Good situation in the restaurates a la carte and beautifully presented dishes besides delicious. The spacious and very hygienic. Unfortunately not give the epithet of Excellent for 1 reason. 1 - The drinks in bars are not very good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

say my enjoyment much pleasure my stay here the food is good and the friendliness of all the staff guillermo diaz gave me good service is good the beach and pool nightly disco pre temple this good and so well resibi a good service alejandro security mejía than satisfied with the hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

What an amazing vacation I had from April 15-22/13. From the minute I was greeted by Dio Mendes at the front door until I checked out, all staff was fantastic. I met some wonderful people. This is my third stay at Grand Paradise since June of 2012, and I must say I am not disappointed at all. The food is excellent (sorry, not the Italian restaurant-needs help) and all staff are over the top helpful and friendly. They all work so hard. Manny, Happy, Chispa, Cherry, (so sorry if I forgot somebody) all of the animation team are the hardest working, happiest people I have met. They make your holiday so very enjoyable. The girls who do the housekeeping, such hard working friendly people also. I am definitely going back there and forget about the little things, if you don't enjoy this resort well I think you should remember that you get to relax, enjoy your surroundings, meet amazing people and have great food and drink......all in one spot. What's not to like.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend & I stayed at the Grand Paradise Playa Dorada for 2 weeks (April 10-24) and we enjoyed our stay very much. We flew CanJet (via Nolitours) and got to eat a meal on our way there & back. Bonus !!! The price was right too so another bonus !!!
Upon arrival, I looked for the bar while my friend checked us in but NO luck as it is not connected to the lobby. The check in was quite fast and Damarys & José Joseph are very nice. We were given an ocean view room but the next morning I asked to be moved (they never see that...lol) as I am a smoker and my deck was right beside the sidewalk so thought it would be best to be moved elsewhere. Diomedes was kind enough to help us move to room 1321 by the pool and ALL was good. Our washroom was quite big, the bed was comfy. We did not get any beers in our fridge as apparently we can buy some at the plaza nearby. We were ok with that as we had plenty of mix (Coke & Sprite). We adored our maid Nelsida. We KNEW when she was off. She does her work well and is a very loving lady. We woke up to no water one morning but I couldn't tell you how long it lasted as we left the room for fun play at the ocean. There were NO bugs or should I say very few. We did put bounce sheets all over the room JIC (just in case). Regarding the noise via my building, for me it was not a problem as I am an early riser (quiet in the a.m around pool as men move each & every chair and clean area) and entertainments stops at around 11 or so. We enjoyed most shows. We laughed quite a bit while watching them (guests participation). We went to the disco at night. Some nights were quiet & some nights were a lot of fun. Service at the bar was excellent there. Went to Coco Bongo a couple of times and again the same thing. We did get to see Spiderman and even though it wasn't a "long" show it was GOOD.
We always found something to eat and I was surprised at how good the food was. We did run away twice to the Hispaniola Resto Bar (owned by François from Québec) to eat a club with fries and tried the poutine too with a nice cold Presidente beer. A 10 minute walk to the left of the resort. We tried the resorts 2 A la Carte. Eden is the steak house, it's the same place as the after disco snack and lunch resto so the atmosphere was not as nice as the Michaelangelo (Italian resto). Service was excellent at the Italian resto and we enjoyed our meals very much.
All bars had great service. It was the first time ever that I saw that. Barely any waiting. Bravo to you all. Ask José Pilar to mix a drink for you. He does a genre of little show and it's quite fun to watch.
Now the OCEAN. LOVED every minute spent there. The water is just beautiful. If you enjoy walking, you're in for a treat as there is a long stretch on both sides of the resort. Enjoy !!
You do have vendors coming to you and most are pretty good when you don't want to buy anything. However, if you do want to buy, that's where a good friend comes in to do the negotiating for you as it can be energy sucking. I did buy a couple of bracelets by #69 and he puts the names on them that you wish. Very nice souvenir.
This is not a five star resort but the AMBIANCE sure is. We met some great great people and loved every minute spent with them all.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Staff are nice, nothing to complain about their hospitality. Buildings are kindda old. Entertainment activities are fun. Food were not available some times like when the main restaurant is closed at 10 pm, you have to wait for the snack bar to be open at 12:00. Almost the same food everyday. The gym is located a bit far from Grand Paradise, and equipment are old. Internet usage charge is a big scam, it says free 1 hours (make sure you don't put your room number in if you want to use 1 time only), better stay away from the internet. My friend got charged almost 100 dollars for using the internet. money exchange is annoying, they run out of peso with in a few hours.. and they don't give you the small bills. If you are a generous person on tipping, you need to get a lot of $1.00 US dollar bills. And I recommend you to bring US $ to spend in Dominican, instead of exchanging your currency to Dominican Peso.

Someone stole my Camera at the club which is located inside Grand Paradise Playa Dorada.
If you are the one who got my camera, please give me back the memory card .. I lost it in the week of April 20 - April 27.

Beside the camera issue. everything was awesome

Room Tip: better bring your eye shades