We were at Grand Paradise from March 18-25th. Lovely beach, beautiful grounds, clean and comfortable rooms. The resort has been around for awhile and is in need of some touch ups, but the staff were working on painting and repairs throughout the week.
I found the food very good, especially the chicken and fish. They had lots of fresh fruit and the homemade bread and rolls were fresh, made daily I expect. The staff were polite, competent and hardworking. I found the front desk very accommodating, we were originally assigned to a fourth floor room that was too much for my travelling companion who had asthma. They shifted us to a first floor room right away.
One thing that was annoying was their policy of only allowing one key per room. We believed it was to prevent people from running the air conditioner when they were not in the room. Another card with a magnitic strip would not work to keep the air running.
Overall we had a great time. Kudos to Manny and Donkey and the other entertainment staff for their efforts to make our visit more enjoyable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino