The beach was beautiful! The "resort" was out of date. They "upgraded" us (4 women) to an "apartment". Which was 2 rooms, with 2 beds (total), 1 bathroom, and a small kitchenette. 1 bathroom and 4 women! 2 of whom got sick from the food and occupied the 1 bathroom. There was little selection for food. We had 2 a la cartes, they were terrible. It smelled. The resorts along the beach are absolutely worth their ratings. The phone didn't work in the room. We had to keep going down to front desk. Staff randomly walked into our room. Housekeeping came twice in one day. They are very unorganized and nobody knows what another person has told you. The people on the beach selling stuff are extremely pushy. Our "apartment" was right in front of the nightly karaoke, music, dancing, etc. Overall: spend the extra money and go to a nicer resort. NOT WORTH 4 STARS!!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino