My wife and I visit this resort every February and it is truly our second home. This year we visited for 2 weeks from February 4- 18th. After we arrived, the assistant manager, Ms. DeLaCruz came to our room to personally welcome us back! The entire staff is fantastic from our check in to our maid service, the food, the excursions, the entertainment, and of course the beautiful, beautiful, beautiful beach. I give this resort an A+.
The entertainment was just fabulous. They had a bonfire on Saturday night with guest entertainers and special appearances from entertainers from their celebration of Carnival. Every night there were different guest entertainers. The staff entertainers were fantastic.They were very accommodating and kept you involved with their high energy level.The Michael Jackson show was superb. The magic act kept us spell bound. The dancers were great. Our favorite staff entertainers were LaBaby and Ada. Bon Bon @ the towel hut always had a smile on her face.
Our favorite servers were Shayla, Pablo, Eduardo,and Mario. The food in the buffet was very good. When the buffet was closed, the snack buffet was excellent, especially the chicken wings and french fries. The Valentine Romance Dinner on the beach with lobster and champagne was a romantic, memorable event for my wife and I.
A short walk up the beach to the Orange Market is run by many vendors. Our favorite was Winston who had great business savvy and many things to buy. He volunteered to pick us up with his family and take us to Carnival. We sat in the VIP stand and the celebration was awesome. Next to the Orange Market is a great restaurant called Hispanolia, owned by Franscois. We had lobster and champagne!
As we sat on the beach, many vendors came by to show us their crafts. We bought bracelets, necklaces, and rings and was very happy to do so. This is a very poor country. We tipped as often as we could to show our appreciation for the great services we received. We had great massages on the beach from Teresa.
This resort is very well managed by Mr. Cid and Ms DeLaCruz. We can't wait to return in February to our second home.
Jerome and Connie Brocks from Washington, DC USA
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club
- Paradise Beach Resort & Casino
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino
- Paradise Beach Club & Casino
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.