I visited Grand Paradise the week of Jan 17-24th and had a great time. It had been 17 years since my last vacation there and realized how much I missed this country and its wonderful people. The hotel is a little run down but many improvements have been made over the years. There are not many places you can sit and gaze at the ocean for all your meals. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, drinks were just right and bar service was great. Honorable mention to Roberto, Jose David, Stephanie and Julian (he should be hired permanently). We loved the beach bar!!! The waiter staff in the restaurants were very attentive and accomodating. Special thanks to Osvaldo, and Franklin and the crew at the Grill restaurant. No complaints about the food. there was plenty to choose from and some very good al la carte meals too.
The beach was lovely but as others have said before, way too many beach vendors but a simple "no thank-you" would send them on their way.
The activities staff were alot of fun. They mingled with all the hotel guests, not just the ones in bikinis...lol. I enjoyed the daily water aerobics and poolside games. Loved the crazy anitcs of Many, Donkey, Happy-man, and Happy-boy. They could always make me laugh.
This definitely isn't a stuffy 5 star resort or a VIP vacation club, but if you are looking for a party you can certainly have one there. We definitiely will be back with family and friends. A great vacation spot for the price !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino