“Once Again an Amazing Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada

Save Saved
You added Grand Paradise Playa Dorada to your Saves list
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Complejo Playa Dorada | P.O. Box 337, Puerto Plata 332, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #9 of 41 hotels in Puerto Plata
King City, Canada
“Once Again an Amazing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Once again had a wonderful vacation thanks to all our friends the animation team Super Joe, Fresita, Many, Chrispa, the DJ for making our 13 trip to Paradise a fantastic one! Also, would like to give a special thanks to Yudrisi for always ensuring we get the rooms we request! The bartenders always serve with a smile on their face and have our drinks ready before getting there....This is what makes us always return to Paradise...special thanks to Jose Pilar, Jose Corniel, Roberto Almonte, Hugo, Osvaldo at the beach bar and all the new ones which were new to us...keep up the good work. We would also like to mention the great service we receive at the buffet..thanks to Happy Happy (forget his name), Juan Carlos Tirado, Osvaldo Sosa and a special thanks our pizza man at the lunch buffet at Eden restaurant. Can't wait to come back....see you all soon.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Janett J, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Cristina A.

On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, thanks so much for your great comments.
We are more than happy to know that you are a loyal repeat guest. We are indeed delighted and glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Is our pleasure to know that our employees were one of the reasons that you enjoyed your vacation. We will congratulate Super Joe, Fresita, Manny, Chispa, Yudiris de la Cruz, Roberto Almonte, Jose Pilar, Jose Corniel, Hugo Castillo, Osvaldo Cabrera & Juan Carlos Tirado for their great work and performance.

Thank you so much for choosing us.

Kind regards from all of us

1,891 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

we travel quit a lot and know that on most packages you buy...something is likely not to be as you expected.well,this hotel is a first...great site ,clean,great food,great spot on the beach,great animation...Fresita and Manny we re great in entertaining us.You can get to the city by taxi for about $20.00 us round trip.And could almost walk to the city by the beach if you re willing to go on a 1.5 hr walk.As for the city,well,its safe and suprisingly clean compared to most spanish cities.Would definitely go back at this hotel if it was not that the planet is so full of new places to visit.Rated 4 out of 5 just because nobody ever gets 100%,not even me!jerry and Helena.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jerryboy66,

On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, we sincerely appreciate your comments. We are more than glad that you enjoyed your stay at our resort.

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for giving us the opportunity to spent your holidays with us. It is great when our customer recognize the excellent work from our employees, we will congratulate Fresita & Manny.

We all look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Best regards
Fife, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

had great fun great fun for the kids an awsome animation team fresita she is awsome with the kids would well go back would like to have a better choice of menu especally for the kids and i didnt like when they let he local people in they take over everthing but it s only at the weekend so we just booked alicantie restaraunts but its awsome during the day and night there is always something to do

Room Tip: pool view are best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Janett J, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Dianne B,

We want to express our gratitude for choosing our resort for your vacation. On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, we sincerely appreciate it.

It is pleasant to know that you had a delightful stay with us and also that you had an enjoyable time with the company of Fresita. Please be sure that we will congratulate her, for her excellent work and performance.

On the other hand we would like to let you know that the hotel welcomes all guests without distinction.

We all look forward to welcome back in the nearest future.

Kind regards
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was my first time in Dominican republic and all I have to say is that I was almost crying the departure day.I really enjoyed every second of my stay. The staff was welcoming and always smiling. The food was actually pretty good and diversified (don't expect 5* restaurant food). The beach is very good too but it's always full of sellers but it's the same for all beach in Dominican republic I think. Sellers are kind and always have smiles so it's not that annoying. I met a lot of people in hotel and some of them became friends. So all I have to say if you're hesitating of going to this hotel I strongly advise you to go personally i didn't regret it and I will be back if I have chance too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Walidalli,

It is truly a pleasure for us to Know that you enjoyed your vacations at our resort. On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, we sincerely appreciate it.

We are thankful for your kind comments regarding your stay in our property. It is pleasant to know that we were able to provide you with a great stay. We are thankful for writing your experience and for choosing our resort .

We look forward your next visit in a near future.

Warm regards from all of us.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just got back from a relaxing vacation. The staff was great,especially ( Fresita.) She was a joy and very knowledgeable. The beach was first rate. Remember to bring insect repellent and sunblock.
Restaurant staff was friendly and the food was good

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Janett J, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Chasewillians,

It is very gratifying to know that you had an amazing vacation at our resort. On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, we sincerely appreciate it.

It is pleasant to know that you had a delightful stay with us and also that you had an enjoyable time with the company of Fresita and the staff from the restaurant, we will be more than glad to share your comments with them.

We look forward your next vacations at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada.

Best regards,
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Staff very, very nice and helpful. Units kept clean, walk-in impression of unit pretty good, look a little deeper, not so much. Couch and chair nasty stains, window trim loose...window wobbles in the breeze, had unit with kitchen in the event I wanted to cook something even though all inclusive. Kitchen functional, however no pots, pans, utensils, etc...why have kitchen then? Had an issue with the toliet, fixed before I even could turn in work order. Maid discovered while cleaning and reported to maintenance, awesome! Food quality, it'll push a turd out. Grounds beautiful, beach nice because lots of open space. Pool nice. Jacuzzi, not heated. Staff hosts activities around pool, sound system way, way too loud (and I like loud).

Heads Up One. Was told, can't confirm. Check out time is 1pm, that's when I did; however if your flight is later and you try to kill time at resort, you will be charged a full day if you don't tell them you're staying before 1pm. Tell them before 1pm and you are charged less.

Heads Up Two. There is a stand alone "bank" near a plaza within walking distance of resort, best exchange rate.

Heads Up Three. ATM push out only pesos.

Heads Up Four. Book tours through "Tours By James". He's located in plaza; he's from Georgia.

Heads Up Five. English Pub in plaza...Phil's, go see Phil and Alex and have an apple cider beer. He has wi-fi too if you're a customer.

Heads Up Six. Beware of "Lifestyle Vacations" Staff grabbing you at resort where they will announce they will be your concierge for the day and show you town. They will take you to another resort for a tour. Didn't know that's what I was getting into. FYI: Other resort absolutely gorgeous..."timeshare lite" deal. If you decide to go take your swim suit with you cuz I was told I could hang out there all day, all inclusive.

Heads Up Seven. Lots of vendors on the beach, never ending. Polite, but tiresome to see. Ignore them, they may ignore you, say no they'll usually keep moving. Secret weapon. Whether plugged in or not, headphones were a great deterrent.

I didn't hate it, didn't love it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Steve B,

It is with reward that we learn that your vacations at our resort were awesome. On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, we sincerely appreciate it.

We are grateful for taking your time to post your review and for your recommendations. We would like answer your question about the Kitchen in the room, the resort has a club member, that some times do not utilizes their all inclusive, in this situation they are allow to use the Kitchen located in the room, but they have to provide their own article for the kitchen.

We hope that you will return to our resort in a near future.

Kind regards.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just got back from a week of vacation. Made nice friends and got to say totally worth the money.

First thing first want to say to those who claim the staff is stealing, NOT TRUE! I lost my wallet full of cash, instead of blaming the staff or anyone else I simply went to the help desk and reported it. They put the word around immediately and same afternoon my wallet was found on the beach by one of the security staff (*JULIO*) and returned to help desk. Thank you Julio.

The staff is very friendly, and makes everyone feel comfortable at the resort. The entertainment was great. But for the rainy days they can make more effort to bring people together, like setting up tournaments of foosball or ping-pong, there are lots of things to do with better organization.

Because of reviews that I read I asked for a room on second floor, which was changed, no problem. But it seemed like it wasn’t used for a while, a little dusty and tiny little bugs and ants where around but it was cleaned immediately the next morning and every time I asked for room service they did a great job. The problem is being Caribbean they should know better that their rooms and bathrooms should have a drain for cleaning floors. I have seen it in most resorts and it will make the job much easier for the cleaning staff and the result would be shiny spotless rooms. I will consider that for my next stay. I still will recommend that you take a bug spray with you since you might have to pay 12$ for buying one!!!

Now about the air conditioner!!! It comes on when you use your room key. Strange way of saving energy especially when there is only one key available per room. I think it would be better to put screens on windows since the weather is beautiful and if I had screens I wouldn’t needed the AC at all. But I haven’t seen it in any resort to be honest. I guess they don’t want us to leave windows open.

Restaurant staff I should say most of them are very friendly and do a great job. I don’t expect them to smile all the time as other reviewers complained, I just expect a good service which most of them delivered. Unfortunately I don’t remember any name to mention. But it would be nice if some things are self-service and available all day like coffee or tea. It can get busy and you might sit for a while to get one. I think for busy days there was not enough staff available to serve everyone. The food, I loved the fish and passion fruit. If you go there don’t miss them.

To wrap it up, I was afraid when I read the bad reviews about the hotel but most of them were not an issue for me like watering the drinks, who cares I think it is pretty smart. The beach was beautiful and I could always find a spot to stay away from vendors. I would say if they get a spot to offer their merchandise as opposed to walking around, people can have their relaxing time on the beach and they might actually get more attention and sale.

I had fun I hope you too.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Janett J, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your vacations at our resort. On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, we sincerely appreciate it.

It is pleasant to know that you had a delightful stay with us. Please be sure that we will congratulate Julio Gonzalez for his hard work and performance.

We all look forward to welcome back in the nearest future.

Warm regards form all of us.

Been to Grand Paradise Playa Dorada? Share your experiences!