The bartenders and entertainers made everyone feel welcome. Rooms were cleaned every day and were located close to beach. There was a small shopping mall close to the property that you could walk to, pharmacy close by. The food was good with large selection to choose from, with a couple of restaurants that you could make reservation to eat, food was excellent at restaurants. All employees smiled and were very "Happy, Happy". The beach was clean but there were sand fleas everywhere and they were biting everyone causing a lot of problems. Could not go on the beach without getting attacked by sales people on the beach or getting attacked by sand fleas. If you need something talk to Sandy (sales person at beach) she speaks very good English and knows at least 6 different languages, very helpful. Remember she is a trying to make a living with her sales so still "wheel and deal". For water sports talk to Carlos aka "Speedy" at resort he will work with you on prices for water adventures. If you get the opportunity, you need to take Safari but do not do the water falls with the Safari unless you are in very good physical shape. It was fun but dangerous and I would not advise anyone with heart, resp or other physical problems to attempt the water falls, and no children should go on falls. There is a place you can swim at bottom of falls while waiting for others to return from jumping the falls and I suggest you get a life jacket for swimming. This is a very educational Safari and is well worth the money, remember to "wheel and deal" on prices, best person to talk to is Sandy on the beach. There is a lot of things to do at the resort, many games were played such as bingo, darts, dance lessons, karaoke, guess the movie, etc. "Manny" entertainer at resort, makes all these games very fun and enjoyable. All the other guests were very nice, happy, enjoyable to get to know, everyone had a good time while we were there. Security was very good, I did not feel unsafe or uncomfortable at all during my stay. If this is you first time at Puerto Plata,Dominican Republic - I would recommend this resort. You will want to come back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino