The beginning of that song by Mariah Carey is what comes to my mind when I think of this hotel; the days of splendor of this facility are gone. I guess during the 80s or 90s this hotel looked great; nowadays is just a museum of those years. My wife and I got a superior room with partial view to the pool, and full view to the back of the hotel which is a construction area and forest, pretty ugly. Everything was old in the room, toilet faucets, TV set, door handle, pillows, you name it. I think even the shampoo they provided smells like those commonly used in every hotel during the 80s. Of course, that doesn't mean things don't work but...
The GOOD or acceptable:
- Waiters at the restaurant and bar are really nice and you can tell they work a lot.
- Food at the restaurant is acceptable; I ended up eating more than I thought I would.
- The beach is close by, you can walk.
- Nice shopping area; it has colonial style.
- Artists and showmen doing the shows every night really try to entertain.
- The workers at the front desk and costumer service; very bad attitude, it is like they want to make you feel like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay at the hotel.
- Our room wasn't cleaned for two days and when we complained the maid entered our room yelling at us like we were kids, and it was our fault the room was dirty !!!!!REALLY!!!! My wife had an argument with her and i just couldn't believe what i was witnessing. That woman was something....
I give two stars because of the workers you see are doing their job well, but there are reasons enough to give this hotel one star.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Puerto Plata Hotel Puerto Plata
- Barcelo Puerto Plata Hotel
- Puerto Plata Barcelo
- Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Grand Puerto Plata
- Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Puerto Plata
- Grand Puerto Plata
- Flamenco Occidental
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Plata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.