We visited Puerto Plata 5 times before but never at Playa Dorada so we tried it this year mainly for the beach witch is truly amazing... the bad part about this aspect of our trip is if you dont wake up at 7am you don't have a chair on the beach and to be honest is not all the Hotel's fault people would reserve seats at the beach in the morning but only came a few hours... this is riduculous... so if the hotel would have 150 more chairs it would help. Another thing it's true that they run out of beach towel every day so just bring your towel and you won't get that problem.
They also have vendors on the beach and i'm not talking about 10 vendors i'm talking about 80 persons asking you every 2 minutes in your face if you want to buy something that was very bizarre and disturbing. The service was difinitely not the best i got too little staff at the bars and the barmans did not seem to know their jobs especially the one in the lobby bar he never knew who to serve next and that became frustrating and even the tips did not make any difference.
We found the food good and we have no complain about this and as for the rooms they were ok and clean, it's true that they would need a little love but everything in our room
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Plata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Puerto Plata Hotel Puerto Plata
- Puerto Plata Barcelo
- Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Grand Puerto Plata
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Puerto Plata
- Grand Puerto Plata
- Flamenco Occidental
- Barcelo Puerto Plata Dominican Republic