“Loved this place minus a few minor issues” 4 of 5 stars

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club
Corfresi Beach #2, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Sound Beach, New York
“Loved this place minus a few minor issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place was my first time out of the United States and I have to say it was weeeeellllllllll worth it! I paid 1500 dollars total for two people including airfare for 6 nights all inclusive!!! Absolutely beautiful resort which includes a totally different resort! The food is endless and the service is what made it for me. The Dominican people that work at this resort treat you like your kings and the respect factor is just unforgettable. As for the resort it is well maintained and constantly being worked on for a great customer experience. The rooms on the other hand were OK. When we first walked in I was was surprised to see that there was a full kitchen and huge balcony that overlooked the pool! The bathroom was the worst part of the trip for me. There were little bugs that came from the bathroom presumably and made there way around the room. They were sooooo small to really bother me though and also there was no shower curtain. IDK if these two issues are just common in the DR, idk because it was my first time. Otherwise the resort was fantastic and the food was phenomenal! I will definitely come back in a later date especially for the price we paid. You are treated like kings and queens and that how it should be!

Room Tip: do not drink water at the resort obviously.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Rockaway Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hi, I've been a Platinum member for 1year and have visited or family members have visited 5 times. While the staff are just doing their jobs we have always had great results with a little patience and a lot of courtesy. This is a wonderful "instantly relaxed" resort with many levels of accommodation and amenities. We love it and will continue to visit as our new "go to" vacation spot even when we have 3-4 days available. The food is good to excellent, staff enthusiastic and polite, and the accommodations just keep getting better and better. No, I don't get paid for this review .... on the contrary . . . if fewer people went I'd have it all to myself!! Happy vacationing! You will never regret it. The only regret is not going sooner

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is 30 to 40 minutes away from the airport but the road is really safe i hired a car and the driver was so nice that even stop at some place to get something to drink and the he helped us to get some pesos
I spent 5 days in this hotel and i had i great time. The room was perfect, the pool was really clean, there are different restaurants and some of them you have to make reservations, i loved the churrascaria.
I really loved the people at the bar they were so friendly specially maria and simon they made the best drinks..
Every night there is something to do there is aways some kind of entretaiment. Close to the hotel there is a place call ocean world and you cant miss it, i did the swimming with the dolphins which is a wonderful experience and it was to expensive compare to other countries were they charge so much more..
If you want to relax and have a nice time go to lifestyle resort

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed @ Confressi Palms and this was definitely the place to be...there was a huge welcome party which include Buffett style dinner and this included unlimited lobster,crab and other gourmet selections.Jazz,Rodizio,El Pilon are just a few of the restaurants that are onsite and included in all inclusive package.Entertainment all day and all night if you're interested...Warren Parra,my interval international rep....such a wonderful,intelligent,courteous young man whose warmth ,hospitality and attentiveness really contributed to an enjoyable experience,in my opinion this young man is a great asset to a beautiful place on a beautiful island

• Stayed August 2013
Fitchburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place is really amazing. My family and I had a blast. We fell in love with the place. People in the resort are great. They treat you like royalty. They are very helpful and very pleasant. Food is great, lot of choises. Beaches are gorgeous with canopy beds and all the commodities you can imagine. Great excursions through lifestyle holiday awesome and not that expensive. We are making lifestyle holiday our family vacation headquarters and a family tradition. You have everything you can imagine here. VIP party was amazing even my grandchildren enjoyed. They have a lot of children activities. My grandchildren are very eager to go back. We can't wait to be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Citrus Heights, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a very spacious resort. I am told, VIP Owners are treated like no other. Unfortunately, guests (children) of the owner are not. If the owner is not present, you don't get ALL the amenities they have to offer. Like: in room bottle service, golf cart for the 100 acres. You need to walk for 30 minutes to go from one side to the other. The buffets really need to be changed, or the cooks need to learn how to cook, it wasn't horrible, but you would expect better. I heard the dinners served were much better then buffets, but couldn't get back from the day trips in time to make the reservation. The Dolphin Swim is pretty good, not like the Bahamas, but still better then in Cabo.

Room Tip: The naming convention is backwards from what I would think. Ended up with our kids having a better...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We knew this was not a 5* hotel when going, so our expectations were not high of the Lifestyle Resort. We had an all inclusive price, so went with an attitude of average expectation. The food, service, evening entertainment, activities available, location, pools, ocean beach were superb in spite of the ratings & comments we read. The people of DR were positive and accommodating, they work hard for long hours. The entertainers put on a great show nightly. Jhony Bravo was a great personality at the pool & as an entertainer!! The waterfalls & zip line excursion amazing!! (From someone afraid of heights). The people working to assist or guide at these activities were so kind & helpful. The prices for the excursion were reasonable (120.00 PP for 3 activities including horseback riding which I felt was not long enough). That price included transportation, 8-5 day, lunch, the 3 activities, and cold beer/soda for the ride back. We did chose to tip staff often, but there was no attitude of expectation which I read from other reviewers. Our room was damp & smelled of must, and we had infrequent hot water in the shower. We also had a serious flood in the bathroom for the last 2 days which was inadequately repaired, but we also did not ask to change rooms or further complain as we did not want staff in the room when we weren't there. Expect & pay the 3.00 daily for the room safe as several other US tourists had money & jewelry stolen (one awoke to someone in their room). Those people told us that this happened when we were leaving & on the bus ride to the airport. They did not chose to use the safes. Last year we went to Cancun to a 5* which we loved, but we agree that we would return to DR definitely. Be prepared to take the "timeshare" tour, or just say no upfront. I suggest you go look at the beautiful Villas....maybe if I won the lottery???

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club? Share your experiences!