“Just Ok...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Plata
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Rockville Centre, New York
“Just Ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed her last month for 5 nights with two girlfriends as a guest of someone who owns timesharing there. We had a two-bedroom suite, which was pretty nice. I don’t have any complaints about the room. Room service did a great job with keeping the room clean and everything was a nice size with enough space for all of us. We were considered "VIP" and had access to certain pool and beach areas that others weren’t, which was cool. There was a higher level of VIP for owners that gave additional access.

While there are many restaurants on the property none of them were good with the exception of the buffet. It was very hard to get reservations and then once you got there and were disappointed with the food, made it all not worth it. There were nights when we left the restaurant and went and ate at the buffet after because the food was so horrible. They have to do better with making the food at the specialty restaurants (Japanese, Indian, Mexican etc.) taste like it is suppose to taste instead of adding a Dominican twist to all the food at all the restaurants which doesn’t give you the true specialty feeling.

They try to get you to buy timesharing, which is very annoying when you are trying to enjoy your vacation. You think they are being nice just to be nice and then find out that they just really want you to come to the meeting. Very deceiving. There is so much focus on this VIP stuff that it made it hard to just enjoy yourself.

The Thursday night party was a lot of fun. The Sunday party that we were looking forward to was cancelled due to rain, we were disappointed.

I got a massage outside, which was nice. I don’t know what the person that gave it to me was as experienced as I would have liked her to be. I got a combination of three different massage types but the entire massage felt the same the entire time. It was enjoyable for the price, which I was able to negotiate with the person who sold it to me on the beach.

There are much nicer hotels to stay at I wouldn’t come back here. For what I paid as a guest of an owner it was worth it. But I wouldn’t have paid full price to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've been a member since 2006'. This is by far the most beautiful resort I've ever seen 5 stars. The beaches are gorgeous. The wide variety of a la cart restaurants are amazing. The pools are awesome. The villas are my favorite places to stay. They are private and cozy.

Room Tip: If you timeshare, this is a great exchange.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful vacation. Special thanks to the entertainers and newly made friends, Jhony Bravo, John Cena, Lenny Cravitz, Puchi Puchi, George of the Jungle, and the awesome dancers. I think my wife fell in love with all the entertainers of the Tropical, they really made the vacation fun and entertaining. 5-Star rating for these guys! Thank you fellas!

Room Tip: Choose the Presidential Suites, you wont be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashetta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We love everything about this resort. ESP the people, at the lobby bar the one and only joyful Mariam....she always to please, she owns the greatest laugh and has the warmest smile. She 's the best. Our favorite must at the Lifestyle is Serenity Beach, love, love, love it. Can go wrong here folks, if you don't enjoy yourself.....your the only to blame! This is gonna be our second home.

Room Tip: Tropical building five! We always stay at the Residence Suites in a 2 bedroom suite We love every...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Port Jefferson, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

First place when i booked this i was told all -inclusive but wi-fi is only durin ceratin times, safe need to pay for everything they want is cash.....Food we are mostly only eating salad and veggies not much to select from they give u two restrant with the time they want you to go,and the food they choose for you really........never before have i had this.Next no a-c NASTY FRONT DESK NO ONE WILLING TO HELP.Overall the worst vaction ever.

Room Tip: Go to another Resort
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This resort is excellent when it comes to keeping their guests entertained and offering something for everyone. The nightly shows, and the welcome party are huge and full of great varieties of entertainment. The excitement continues through out the day with the entertainers actually getting involved with the guests, and offering group activities for all ages. The main guys John Cena, Puchi Puchi and Lenny Cravitz definitely enhanced our stay as they made sure everyone had a great time along with there excellent performances throughout out the day and evenings. The 4th of july foam party was amazing!! The bartenders and servers always made sure we were taken cared of and made sure we enjoyed ourselves. There was always a great variety of food and tons of activities to keep you entertained. I definitely recommend this property for friends and family wanting to really get away and de-stress. They have a spa, cabanas by the beach, clubs and all the shows on property so you never have to leave!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
boise, idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let me start by saying we knew this was a timeshare resort-many people don't- but we own in Mexico and in Las Vegas and booked via RCI. My husband and I went on this trip for our 20'th wedding anniversary.

I had low expectations for our room, having seen pics on tripadvisor. We were shuttled to the resort, due to our RCI membership (but this took a bit of pre-planning and calling to book this). An average cab ride is $50 total one way. When we arrived, it was at the busy check in time, so we were moved over in the lobby and taken care of at some seats, which struck me as odd, but the lady was professional. I asked for a room upgrade, if available, and was told that because we are RCI, we already got one. So far, so good. When it came time to pay for the all inclusive (we normally never do these, we cook and don't stay in all inclusive timeshares) I negotiated 5 days instead of 7 (we arrived Sat. after lunch and were leaving Fri by lunch). She was accommodating about that. You do have to pay right then, not pay as you go. You get an armband, and, again, since we were RCI, told we could use the VIP Beach and Pool. No locks for the safe in room, and no wifi. Two things I expect to be included. However, wifi was available at the VIP Beach and pool. This was true, and not too hard to connect, unless a storm was coming in, then spotty. Available in that area 24/7 if you need to check in.

We got to our room at the COFRESSI PALM, room 40114 on the first floor right by the pool and restaurant. The room exceeded my expectations by far. It was way nicer than what I had expected to have received at The Tropical. It was a little loud, this is an adult only party pool, but quieted down by 7pm.
The first day we always like to acclimate with our resort. We got totally lost because this place is HUGE! A golf cart would be great for all visitors, but that is only for owners/members at this resort. Once we figured out where things were, and that we could wait 5 minutes for a shuttle, all was well. We usually "hailed" a golf cart, or took a shuttle because we would get so lost. By day 3 we could almost get around, but things are so spread out, we continued to go by golf cart/shuttle as much as possible.
The VIP Beach was awesome. Beautiful and we always were able to keep moving around until we got a cabana. The staff at the bar was nice, but slow. The wait staff (one lady) was slow and I had to track her down to order food and then get the order. We often went over to Blue Lagoon for lunch, which was so so, but great view, because it was quicker.
We did not, I repeat, did not, allow room service. Being used to timeshares, I often do this. I am happy to collect clean towels from one of the maids and give her my dirty. Seeing as how we did not have a safe key, we thought we could do it per day, which you can not, I did not want anyone in my room. My husband was told by one visitor that they had a theft in the room. (I do this in the States and Mexico too though.)

Disconnect your phone. They called us almost every morning at 9am local time (7 am for us in the Mountain Time Zone) to "see how our trip was going".
I liked that we had reservations already for most nights-they assigned- for the restaurants. We did change a few times and venues with no issues. We like Blue Lagoon the best for dinner. The others were okay, but The Pearl was pretty good for buffet.
You have to get pool towels, but we forgot to turn in on time one night, so just kept them in our room and turned in for the key card the next day. No big deal at all.

The Sunday night VIP party was awesome! It rained twice, so everyone fled to the food tent, we were already in it, so stayed in it and ate with chopsticks, and had a blast. The food was good, and quickly replenished. The entertainment, while a bit cheesy, was fun, and the band was great. The DJ at the end was a visiting guest, who is on tour with DeadMau5 and I got talking to him by the VIP beach on accident one day, so not sure if it is always this good!

DO NOT GO TO A PRESENTATION, which for us was disguised as "we want to take you to a VIP beach for the day, so you can see what else is here". I had my beach bag and we were all ready to spend a nice day at a beach. Someone came and got us at our room. They took us to breakfast, we were on our way anyhow. When I asked will there be lunch, we were told yes. Still thinking beach day. After breakfast we were taken to the VIP building. You will see it right away. Right out of the golf cart I had my boxing gloves on. We own more time already than we can use! As they are handing us a clipboard to fill out a paper, I refused and said I thought you were taking us to the beach. NO! We did not fill out a dang thing. We were curious to see what the private beach & villas look like, so the salesman said he would take us. He kept talking about all the benefits to owning there, no maintenance fee, etc. We had been warned by a nice lady the day before of their costs. We kept saying NO, we are not buying, trading, nothing. He showed us the beach, the villas and the suites. All very nice. When we got back to the VIP building, he basically parted ways and DID NOT PITCH US. Saying no, no, no at every turn is key if you are not familiar with timeshares. We came in contact with many people that bought, traded, etc. but it just made no sense to me and we didn't want to return to DR, so why have our home base there. After reading online after people get home, it is a big scam and they do nothing they say they will and the 5000 resorts you can trade with are....RCI!

Overall, we had a nice time, took two excursions-MONKEY JUNGLE is a MUST! Awesome zip lining, monkeys, staff, and a fun time. The city tour was fun too. You can book all this at Cofressi on your visit. Availability was no issue.

They can not be held accountable for weather so don't forget it is tropical, hot, humid and rains. You are sort of stuck at the resort, there is not much around, and what is local enough to walk to looked closed down. We did not go to Ocean World.

Room Tip: Rooms in Cofressi are nicer than The Tropical.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club? Share your experiences!