“WELL WORTH A VISIT” 4 of 5 stars

UK
3 attraction reviews
“WELL WORTH A VISIT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This trip was the highlight of our visit to DR, our guide JR and driver Miguel were very informative and great fun. Its is a wonderful opportunity to visit the real DR with a visit to a village home, school and traditional meal, as well as been taken to one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to. I took some supplies for the school pens, paper, sweets for the children which we took as they really appreciated them., would definitely recommend this trip.

5 attraction reviews
“My favourite trip, a taste of the Rep Dom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This was my favourite experience of my stay in the Rep Dom. Our guide had amazing knowledge and was very accommodating and patient with a great sense of humour.

If you want to get out into the Rep Dom and see how life is for some people, then this is the trip!

It was well paced, yes we were waiting around at times but I was on holiday to relax!

This trip was definitely value for money and one I'd undertake again.

Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Eddy and Leo Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband uses a wheelchair as a result of paralysis, he isn't able to walk. Eddy and Leo's response - No Problem! They made our day trip into the Punta Cana countryside possible. The trip was tons of fun and a bit sad seeing the kids looking for money on the beach. Would recommend this trip to anyone. Work with your on-site travel agent if you have mobility needs to ensure the tour can accommodate.

Visited December 2013
“Excellent way to see the DR by excellent Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My time in the DR wouldn't be the same without taking this tour. Me and my newlywed wife wanted to see a bit of the real DR and Aleandro Javiel led us in an awesome and very informative experience. He had great knowledge about the culture and history, was funny and interesting, and led us in a great experience.

Visited December 2013
“Perfect day in the Dominican Republic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

What a fun day we had! We were picked up by driver Miguel, and our guide was JR. He was super fun and made lots of funny jokes along the way. We first went to a plantation where he showed and taught us about the café plants, banana trees/leaves, paprika, sweet potato plants, chocolate, pigeon peas, etc. It was out in the boondocks and there was a home on the plantation. We were able to enter the home and see how a typical family lives. Next we stopped at an elementary school. We were able to go in and sit with the children for a few minutes. I had read on tripadvisor before we left the USA that you could bring supplies for the kids/teachers. So I went to the dollar tree and stocked up on pencils, rulers, erasers, paints, scissors, etc. It was nice to give them to the teachers. I also bought little toys there to give to the kids I saw throughout the day. It's almost Christmas so I also brought along a bunch of candy canes. We then drove through the sugar cane fields and stopped once. One of them cut some and let us chew/suck on the sugar cane. IT WAS SO GOOD. JR taught us SOOOO much along the way. Too much to tell here. He was the best guide so if you go, please try to get him. We stopped at a ranch and had a great lunch served family style by some very sweet women, and then sampled some MamaJuana rum. It's an opportunity to purchase some alcohol, cigars, jewelry so bring money. ALSO, the next stop is the beach. WHAT A TREAT to have a free massage (bring cash for gratuity) on the beach and free boogie-boarding if you want. Such a beautiful spot. I can't say enough, seriously. I have pictures but they are on my phone.... Bummer!

Visited December 2013
outbackpuj, Public Relations Manager at Outback Safari, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Glad to hear that you had such a fantastic day out with our guides and took so many unforgettable memories back home.
Thanks for being part of the Outback Family!