“Cozy Place tucked away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Naemie

Save Saved
You added Casa Naemie to your Saves list
Casa Naemie
11 Calle Isabel la Catolica | Zone colonial, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #5 of 73 hotels in Santo Domingo
Madison, Connecticut
“Cozy Place tucked away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

A very nice and cozy place to stay close to the Colonial area. It is within walking distance to many restaurants and museums. The hotel is quaint and the service was wonderful. They serve breakfast daily which is included in the price. I stayed on the fourth floor and there was a view of the water. When we stayed there in October the front road was under construction so it was a bit difficult to get to the hotel but the owner gave a discount on the rooms. The room was very spacious and I felt safe! I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We picked this hotel because it is located in the zona colonial. It is within walking distance to many restaurants and sight seeing sites within the old city. The hotel itself has 4 floors without elevator. I was on the first floor so it was okay for me. The reward of staying on the 4th floor is the view of the water.

The room itself is quite spacious. My room has a terrace, which was a nice touch.

The breakfast was included. It consisted of eggs, ham, cheese, toasts, fruits, and coffee/tea, and juice. It was descent.

The wifi was complimentary. The signal was strong in the public area but it could be quite weak in the room.

When we were there, the road in front of the hotel was under construction, so the car could not really get there. The owner decided to give us 5% discount for the inconvenience.

The cab fare to and from the airport was US$40 one way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from September 12th thru September 20th 2013, (just returning to the US) I was very impressed .. All I can say is "WOW"., GREAT Service with a smile. Manager and Staff are very friendly, and very very helpful. The hotel is very clean , a/c worked fine, hot water was great although it was steaming hot outside. There are plenty of shopping places and food just 2 blocks away. Again,, if you traveling to Santo Domingo you wont go wrong staying at this hotel.. Also, the place is very secured in the day and the night .. I came in most of the nights 1 am or 2 am the attendant was right there making sure I was safe and ok.. When I return to Santo Domingo this is my hotel of choice.. Thanks guys for all the help during my stay.

Reuben

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed one night in August on a trip from Punta Cana.
This one-star hotel rated very high both here and on Booking.com, and I can see why. It is small, clean hotel, very quiet but just a few steps from Cathedral and Plaza de Espana. A/c worked fine, the room was cold and the shower hot.
But beyond that it is a beautiful romantic place. I felt like I stay at my friend's house - some 400 years ago. I was in a top floor - room and terrace, and the view of the crumbling old town and Caribbean sea ....aaaahh!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a solo journey to Santo Domingo in order to visit the historical sights of the Colonial District. I could not have been happier with my stay.

From the outside it does not look like much and if you aren't paying attention you just might walk by it. However, this just added to the charm. I was greeted by a big smile from the person on service at the front desk, Jean. After my check-in (and paying the very affordable $80US for my 1 night stay), he showed me around the hotel and my room, and made sure he answered any and all questions I had. My room was great, new amenities with a nice and clean shower, big bed and working AC. I was then within walking distance of all the cultural sites of the Colonial district, as well as the Hard Rock Café and a few other restaurants located around Plaza Colòn.

The rest of the staff was super friendly and helpful as well. Special mention to Kervens who helped me plan my trip back to Punta Cana, gave me a few tips about the Colonial zone & Santo Domingo, shared some pleasant stories with myself and another guest at night then served me my delicious (and included) breakfast in the morning.

All in all, it was a great experience and I'd gladly stay here again. I'd just like to add that this hotel is even more fun for any french-speaking person. The entire staff (at the time of my stay) is of haitian origin, and thusly speak french, meaning you'll be sure to have no communication problems. Furthermore, many guests were french-speaking as well, giving us all a point in common and allowing us to have interesting conversation at night over a beer in the lobby or in the morning at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for a night before moving onto Punta Cana. The staff is very, very friendly. They will make you feel right at home. The hotel is in the center of Zona Colonial so there is plenty to see and do, including some cool little bars (and the Hard Rock) And shopping. It's literally a block away from a Fort. For the price, cleanliness and location, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great place to stay in the Colonial Zone. It is at the quiet end of Calle Isabel la Catholica but near the Cathedral and El Conde shopping .... maybe a 3 minute walk. We got a slightly reduced rate of $70 which includes a hot breakfast and makes this the best bargain in the city. The hotel is very clean, staff extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are quaint and comfortable. It is small (maybe 7 rooms) but we did not want a traditional hotel .... the room we had was a good size with a bacony, washroom with shower, air conditioning and comfortable bed. The sheets are paper thin and need to be replaced but that is my only negative. Staff helped with directions and calling a taxi for us.

I would stay here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Naemie? Share your experiences!