“I had a room with a beautiful view, and even a window with my bathtub...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Santo Domingo

You added Hilton Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Hilton Santo Domingo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave George Washington, No 500, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$99 (USD)
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo Province, Dominican Republic
“I had a room with a beautiful view, and even a window with my bathtub...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Loved my corner room. 2 window walls, facing the ocean. (I wished the windows were clean.) Even had a window in my bathroom, so I could enjoy the view anytime necessary. I must say it was very relaxing to stare at the ocean while sitting on my throne. The only thing I found disappointing with the hotel was the food. The breakfast was....ugh, and the room service food wasn't great either. And there was no where else to eat if you didn't take a taxi somewhere....but the charm and the smiles and kindness of the people who work there make up for it all.

Room Tip: pick a corner room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HSantoDomingo, Gerente at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear RollerRoyalty:

We are glad that you enjoy your stay at our Hotel, i personally will talk to our executive chef to let him know your concern about the food. The view of the caribbean sea are simply expectacular, and we are very gratefull to share that with our guests.

Hope to welcome back you soon in Santo Domingo.

Jose Vicente Melo I Manager – Communications & Social Media

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Lone Tree, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Having no beachfront should not be a strike on this property. There is none in Santo Domingo city proper and one would need to drive 20 or so miles out to enjoy the beach. However, having a “BLAH” unexciting pool is a major strike in my book. Hotel is a very basic Hilton with nothing exciting to report on. My room is what I expect a basic Hilton room should be. Nothing more. However, reliable internet access needs to be noted. Executive lounge served good breakfast selection that is better than most US domestic Hiltons.

This is not the hotel to stay if you want local color. A major asset of this property is its friendly and professional front office crew.

If one’s purpose in Santo Domingo is solely for business, this is the place to stay. For the pleasure of enjoying the Caribbean, look elsewhere. This is not the hotel to spend Hilton Honors points on.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the blue Caribbean... It gives you the illusion that there is a sandy beach down...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear AlineDenver:

Thank you very much for your words, every concern noticed by you, will be take in consideration as we speak, to improve our services in any area of our Hotel, an in any aspect of our service.

Please let me now when are you coming back to help you, hook a beautiful trip to our nearest beach, so you can get the real Caribbean experience as you stay in our great Hotel.

Sincerelly;

Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in the hotel. Check in was a little slow because they only had 1 person in the reception. The manager took notice that we were getting impatient so he gave us bottled water and asked the HHonors desk to accommodate us.Got a good room on the 12th floor but the acoustics is not so good because every time the next door neighbor uses the bathroom I could hear it in my room. The location of the bed was also an issue because it was right below the aircon duct and i had to cover my head with a pillow so I wouldn't be getting a direct blast from the AC. The view from the room is amazing because it overlooks the ocean. If you are a little adventurous you can even open the blinds in the bathroom and have a view of the ocean while taking a bath.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear combat66:

We are very sorry not to be at your expectations, as we push forward to improve our services in all of our areas, specially at front desk. Our most valuable resource is our team members, and we work every single day to give the attention that our guests need.

Hope to welcome you back some, sincerelly;

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My friends and I went to Santo Domingo for the first time and stayed at the Hilton Hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by how great of a location the hotel was. After the drive from the airport and looking onto some seedy areas, we were very relieved and happy to find the Hilton lived up to our expectations...beautiful endless views of the ocean, lux decor, and in the heart of lots of restaurants, shopping and clubs. We were most happy to find that the new Casino had just opened inside the Hilton, so we decided to start and end most nights there. The cocktail waitresses were very helpful and friendly...and remembered our names which was cool.

Dear jess f:

We are pleased to know that you had wonderful stay in our hotel. It is also great for us to know your recognition to our team members helpfulness as we work everyday to improve our service.

Your review to our hotel makes our team very proud, and we hope to welcome you back again for business or pleasure in the future.

Cordially;

Jose Vicente Melo I Manager – Communications and Social Media
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The bathroom was dark, drab, and the decor was out of date. The bathroom fan made a racket. A pictogram on the toilet paper dispenser apparently was trying to tell me not to flush toilet paper down the toilet. I did, then my friends told me I shouldn't have. In fairness maybe that's not the hotel's fault, it's just the city's infrastructure. The room air conditioner made clicking noises all night. Lots of traffic noise from the street outside (Malecon). On the other hand the room had a great view. Cable TV worked in the evening, but not the next morning. Overall a decent hotel, but a little drab looking and definitely not what I expect from Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeff N:

We really appreciate that you share with us those problems, actually we are working on TV and air conditioners issues, to impove our service. Every day we are making changes in all of our areas to satisfy the needs of our guests, like lobby, restorants, rooms and bathrooms.

We hope to welcome you back again, to show what a great and improve service we offer at Hilton Hotel.

Portsmouth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The magnetic strip on the room key is very very fickle. i had a very horrible GI experience because i could not get into the room. This problem needs to be taken care of. Several people in my group had the same room key issue....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HSantoDomingo, Gerente at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Marianne P:

I was aware of your case yesterday afternoon, and as for this morning we are cheking every single key, so that does not happen again.

We are very sorry for your inconvenient, and hope to make things perfect for you on your next stay with us.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Another amazing stay as usual, Great staff, great food, great staff, great locations and great views. We lucked out and when we booked the property we got the opportunity to see the Dominican Independence Day Parade and Carnival which Ran right in front of the hotel. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HSantoDomingo, Gerente at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear carlton p:

For Carnival, holiday season or at Christmas, our team members will do what it takes to make you feel welcome one more time.

Attentively;

Jose Vicente Melo I Manager – Communications & Social Media

Been to Hilton Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!