“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Santo Domingo

You added Hilton Santo Domingo to your Saves list
Hilton Santo Domingo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave George Washington, No 500, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$99 (USD)
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Front desk staff was excellent, as were the cleaning staff. The food was good although it appeared that some of the staff were still in training. The outside is very tired, but the inside is clean and quiet. The views were great. The sheets and pillows were luxurious - that was a surprise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

We sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to review your stay in our hotel. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed our front staff hospitality, our ocean views and rooms facilities.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Yajaira Maldonado I Manager – Communications & Social Media

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Santo Domingo for three nights, and we were insulted beyond belief. On the second day of our stay, one of the male employees approached my wife and me as we waited for the elevator and he informed us that prostitutes were not welcome in the hotel, intimating that my wife was a prostitute, and that I a john! I was so outraged, mortified, and overcome with anger that I was left speechless. I immediately reported the incident to the front desk, leaving a detailed report, but did not hear back from management. My wife is Dominican and I am American. I suggested that we leave the hotel, but she insisted that we stay the remaing night. I acquiesed reluctantly. Upon checkout, there was no apology. And I reminded the front desk clerk of the incident. Nothing. I will write a letter to the president.

The majority of the staff are lovely and hard working and deserved to be praised for their efforts.

The restaurant (only one) is far overpriced and the food is average. Again, the service staff was exemplary.

The elevator system is defective. The card keys are easily deactivated by a cell phone, or so was the claim made by management.

The pool is large, but there are few deck loungers. The gym facility is satisfactory for a hotel.

There is no parking. The street below (Washington) is very noisy, and because the rooms are not insulated against the traffic, sleeping soundly becomes a challenge.

The location is an inconvenience. Reserve in a hotel in the Colonial district instead. Some of the staff are not at all friendly. I have read this before on reviews for this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Overall, I STRONGLY advise to consider another hotel in the Colonial district. Chances are very good that at best, you and your family will be bored and unimpressed, and at worst, you will be left outraged. Make no mistake, this is not the Hilton you know. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Stayed November 2013
HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Mark S.:

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience about your last stay. Our team members make every effort to make each guest feel at home so we are really sorry about the inconvenient during your stay.

We'd like to comment that the hotel has a 400 capacity parking building right behind us with direct access to the lobby and security 24 hours.

We share your point of view concerning the noise on the George Washington avenue it’s a common issue on city hotels.

We also thank you for pointing out areas of improvement such as restaurant and pool deck that I will share with management in order to improve them.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future assistance.

Regards,

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beautifully situated on Avenida George Washington, the Hilton Santo Domingo is very nice oceanfront property. The people are simply amazing. They are polite, hospitable, and extremely helpful. Very nice breakfast.

Make sure to take time to visit the historic colonial zone, Columbus Lighthouse and Tres Ojos (Three Eyes) National Park.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to enjoy the review.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPGirard:

We appreciate your feedback about your last stay with us. It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed our fascinating Ocean View and the Hospitality of our team members, we feel pleased reading your comments, we pursue every day our guest satisfaction.

Please, for your next stay in Santo Domingo do not hesitate to contact us!

Cordially,

Humacao, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Nice, clean and comfortable rooms. Very spacious rooms with all the basics. Has good gym and pool. Great views! Location is excellent, close to airports and the "zona colonial". Staff is extremely helful. You will feel very pampered since you step foot in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Rosa T:

Thank you for taking the time to remark on your experience at our hotel. Our staff is proud of making feel our guest welcome. We feel very happy you enjoy our facilities and impressive ocean view.

Should I be able to assist you with future accommodations, please do not hesitate to contact me

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice hotel, have stayed here several times while traveling for work and find the rooms clean and the bed and pillows to be very comfortable. When checking the staff have been willing to upgrade my room but had to pay extra for this despite my HH status. Not many dining options nearby to choose from.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Daniel C:

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Please note in order to obtain the benefits of the Hilton Honors program the reservation and member ID should be under the same name, the one provided during your check in is registered under someone else name, so the system did not recognize it.

In case your need any assistance with the program or a future reservation in Santo Domingo please contact me it will be a pleasure to assist you.

Regards,

Yajaira Maldonado I Manager – Communications & Social Media.
Santa Barbara de Samana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Pricelined Santo Domingo again and I was soooo happy to get the Hilton. Great staff, great rooms with awesome views. It's close enough to a cinema, Tony Roma's and other spots. But it really comes down to the sleep quality on this one. I sleep soooo good when I'm here. The weather was bad while I was there so I didn't get to use the pool so I guess I'll have to go back again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HSantoDomingo, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and review on your last stay; we are pleased to read that you rest well in our rooms and will gladly assist you in your next reservation so you can enjoy our pool and bar next to it, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Yajaira Maldonado I Manager – Communications & Social Media.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Hilton Santo Domingo is OK but nothing special. As Hilton Hotels go this one seems a bit dated inside and in need of some investment to modernise it. The staff are very freindly and the service is good. Sometimes a bit too good as on several occasions the maids just open the bedroom door unanounced and come right in to clean the room! The restaurant on the 5th floor has a particularly good variety of choices for breakfast. The gymn on the 7th floor is open 24hrs / day and was reasonably well equipped. The room was a fairly good size and the pillows very comfortable, but the moth holes in the black out curtain linings spoiled the quality of sleep when the sunlight started to show through in the mornings. Good quality toiletries are provided, including massage bar bath soap and face flannels which are changed every day. Complimentary bottled water is also provided every day and some fruit too. Beware where you leave your shoes in the room as there's a mat for shoes to be shined and you'll be charged for it if you happen to leave your shoes on this mat. The terrace bar outdoor pool has a nice view. There is a casino on the 2nd floor. It's a big spacious grand looking hotel, but overall there is a tired looking feel about it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Dale T,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our service and staff attitude, is also nice to know you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and room amenities.

We appreciate your valuable review and will take into consideration your comments.

Yajaira Maldonado I Manager – Communications & Social Media

Been to Hilton Santo Domingo? Share your experiences!